Riddick

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

The guys behind Chronicles of Riddick outdid themselves this time, I think. We all know where it started: Pitch Black. Then we got Chronicles of Riddick and, before long, the animated DVD Dark Fury.

With an animated sequel, the Riddick series follows the footsteps of The Matrix and Star Wars, which, I believe, were the first movies to complement their series with animated episodes essential to the story line.

Now, the Riddick series follows up with Escape from Butcher Bay, a video game. Now, of course I know that the Riddick series isn't the first to complement itself with a video game; Star Wars did that long before. But the Riddick series takes it one step further: it makes a pivotal facet of the series available exclusively in its video game. As most of you may be aware of, Richard B. Riddick has a "gift" called Eyeshine. In Pitch Black, it was explained that, because Riddick was enslaved in the dark for too long, his eyes got so accustomed to the dark that he can't stand bright light. This ultimately gave him the lethal additive of stalking prey in the dark. What's unique about the Riddick series, is that the prison of Butcher's Bay (where Riddick got his eyeshine) is featured solemnly in the video game. In other words, you get to play the most pivotl aspect of the story in a video game! Wow!

Apart from the good reviews Escape from Butcher Bay got, consider the following voice recording crew:

Vin Diesel
    Cole Hauser
    Kristin Lehman
    Xzibit
    Ron Perlman
    Michael Rooker
    Dwight Schultz
    Joshua Leonard
    Joaquim de Almeida

While I thought the plot of the Riddick's tale was original and in some cases interesting, it didn't really catch my attention to the extent that it seems to have with others. Perhaps it is the fact that I don't like Diesel (whether he is leaded or un-leaded :lol: ) as an actor. just too little inflection in his voice that goes beyond the "tough-guy" who's cold and calculating.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.