VPU Recover Error

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

I have recently been getting a VPU recovery error from my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card, and, to say the least, it's really getting on my nerves. I just bought the card (broke my 9800 trying to put it back n my case) not a week ago, and now this problem pops up. I bought it a Future Shop (hey, for $249.00, who wouldn't), and since they're not going to be carrying it anymore, I get an X800 if this card is defective, but I'd like to try and get this problem fixed (since I hear the same problem occurs with the X800). So, I guess my question is, does any one know how to xolve this problem?

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Well, I fixed the VPU recovery thing, but now my system will freeze up and sit at a black screen. I wonder why this problem is only now occuring.?

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Because I'm too lazy to register for them. I'll see if it keeps doing it, and if so, I'll have my friend take a look at it.