In which order do you watch your movies

Guest Scathane

In which order do you watch you movies  

13 members have voted

1. 1. In which order do you watch you movies

• Episodes IV - VI and then Episodes I & II
    • Episodes I & II and then Episodes IV - VI
    • Episodes IV - VI and then Episodes I & II but this will probably change after Episode III is out

Guest Scathane

It may seem like a strange poll but it just came to me after I went to my video rental... I rented ANH, ESB and TPM. I noticed then, that it came natural to me to watch ANH and ESB first, before continuing with TPM... My second pondering was on whether this would change as soon as Episode III is out, in the sense that this episode should be the missing link.

My vote obvious if you consider the above plus the fact that I reckon it at least should change after Ep. III is out...

Edited by Scathane

I actuallyprefer the 3 first ones so If I could choose i would first watch those. And i can't help thinking that a newbie would be a bit lost if he didn't watch IV - VI first.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

As it stands now, I watch the original trillogy first, then I skip TPM and watch AOTC. Once Episode III comes out I'll watch them in the correct order, though that will be a whole day gone :)

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Scathane
I actuallyprefer the 3 first ones so If I could choose i would first watch those. And i can't help thinking that a newbie would be a bit lost if he didn't watch IV - VI first.
I doubt that's the case... I think a newbie would have no problem watching Episodes I & II first..., although I do wonder whether s/he wouldn't get a big shock with regard to the difference in SFX...

Well, considering my original tapes are un-usable do to over watching, and my DVD/tape player/TV is in hock, i cant watch them at all right now.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

As it stands now, I watch the original trillogy first, then I skip TPM and watch AOTC. Once Episode III comes out I'll watch them in the correct order, though that will be a whole day gone :)

That's exactly what I do! :D For some reason, I find TPM boring :roll: . When Edisode III finally comes out, I'll be sure to have a Star Wars marathon!

(Hopefully we'll all still be alive when Episode III comes out... :x )

"Uh...Crespin, I'd like to reconsider the terms of my surrender..." -The last heroic words of Admiral Apwar Trigit

The release date has been announced for North America. On Thursday, May 19, 2005, there will be many a saber duel in the line-up for Episode III's premier.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Well, curently I watch Episode I and II seperately and then IV-VI. When Episode III eventually comes out, I'll watch the triligies seperately . . . well, except for those marathons I've got planned :wink::D

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

The release date has been announced for North America. On Thursday, May 19, 2005, there will be many a saber duel in the line-up for Episode III's premier.

May 2005?!? I'll never make it! :(

"Uh...Crespin, I'd like to reconsider the terms of my surrender..." -The last heroic words of Admiral Apwar Trigit

No such luck for me! :x

I have a funny feeling Episode III will be first on my Star Wars watching schedule. :)

Guest Scathane
Lets hope GL will manage to pull it off.
8O8O8O Come again???!!! 8O8O8O Hope GL manages to pull it off???!!! 8O8O8O

From which planet are you, dude?! That's about the same as saying I hope Spielberg manages to win another Academy Award... :?

Guest Scathane
I'll take that you think he will...
Of course I do. If you take into account what GL has managed to pull off up until now, I bet he can do this as well...

I'll take that you think he will...
Of course I do. If you take into account what GL has managed to pull off up until now, I bet he can do this as well...

Well, whatever he pulled off with TPM, I think he should have put it back on.

Guest Scathane
Awwww, come on! I know GL doesn't always do everything the exact way we like it, but you have to admit he built quite a universe and achieved some great things!

Yes, there are many great things that he has created, but it seems to me that most people like the EU, which only builds off of what Lucas created. There's no doubt that what he's made is greate, I just tend to think of it as a foundation for a bigger picture.

Guest Scathane

I don't see why not... Let's take a brief tour of what the man has accomplished:

Companies & Divisions:

I - Lucas Film Ltd.:

1) Industrial Light & Magic:

14 Academy Awards for Best Visual Effects & 16 Scientific & Technical Achievement Awards. Movies listed below.

2) Skywalker Sound:

12 Academy Awards.

3) LucasArts:

Over 75 computer gaming titles up to today.

4) Lucas Licensing:

$ 8 billion in consumer sales

Best selling boys action toys of all time

60 million books in print worldwide (including 60 New York Times Best Sellers)

Merchandise sold in over 100 countries wolrdwide

3,500,00 visitors attending Star Wars museum exhibitions

5) Lucasfilm Animation Singapore:

Founded in 2004, so not much achivement here yet.

II - THX Group:

Development of quality assurance programs, technologies, services and products for the entertainment and consumer electronics industries

III - George Lucas Educational Foundation:

The George Lucas Educational Foundation (GLEF) is a nonprofit operating foundation dedicated to promoting a vision of inspired learning and teaching -- where students are challenged and engaged, have access to interactive technologies, and are supported by inspired teachers and involved parents and communities

Movies:

1) American Grafitti

2) Bosy Heat

3) Howard the Duck

4) Indiana Jone saga

5) Kagemusha

6) Labyrinth

7) Land before Time

8) Latino

9) Mishima

10) Radioland Murders

11) Star Wars saga

12) THX 1138

13) Tucker

14) Twice upon a Time

15) Willow

Now what was it exactly you guys think he isn't going to pull off?

It's also important to point out that, while he does own and controle those companies, he has very little to do with most of their creations. Also, many of those movies were only tied to lucas through production, and were directed by others. He does have to be given credit for founding them, though.

The Indiana Jones movies were directed by Spielberg, though Lucas did produce them.

Also, you can't always base a person's future success on thier past successes. I have high hopes for Episode III, but if Lucas does a third trillogy based in the time of the EU, but doesn't follow the events of EU, he'll have a lot of angry fans out there.

Personally, I think GL screwed up on the second trilogy. He went for too many special effects over an actual story line. Don't get me wrong, I think both trilogies are great, just that ep. I and II could have been a lot better. I'm still gonna watch them over and over and over... and over and over again and again. :D

Guest Scathane
There are those who feel that he turned TPM into a kids' movie... I wonder what exactly he should or could have done better on the first two episodes...

ITS true its a bit hard to crititise when you don't know what could have been better. I frankly liked all the SW movies.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance