REPUBLIC COMMANDO: Whad'ya think?

Barkoa

How awesome is this game???  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How awesome is this game???

• Totally awesome!!!
    • More awesome than awesome!!!
    • Um...I don't like it...(specify why)
    • It average, and not as good as you make it out to be.

Well, this is a new SW game to come out soon. It's gonna be good and looks tip-top. I know I personally can't wait for it. I'm gonna like it more than Battlefront I think. Just want to know what everyone thinks, and besides, its got Grievous in it!!!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
I hope its not another Force Commander. :)
That would be a shame indeed! But, considering the trailer, I would say this is more along the lines of Quake-, Halflife- and Halo-type of games. :D

But it seems LA has been working on good games these days such as Battlefront, Reopublic Commandos, KOTOR II and Jump to Lightspeed.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Guest JediIgor

I M P O R T A N T:

Here's why the game will suck:

a) developed for consoles simultanouesly, therefore dumbed down for console users

b) your teammates never die (uh-huh.. what?)

c) you are an "elite" squad of stormtroopers, whatever happened to everyone being clones of Jango?

d) Just another FPS with teammate AIs, not a Star Wars Rainbow 6 equivalent (look at the trailers, it takes way too many shots to kill an enemy)

e) If you were expecting something realistic like the movies, SORRY, not it.

Of course a) should've given it away..

Please forgive if I've offended any console fanboys (but if I have maybe it's time to stop visiting.. this is a pc strategy game, only intellectuals need apply).

Well, from the ingame scenes, that I saw a few months ago on the dvd of my games-mag it looked certainly promising :D

The hud in the clone trooper's helmet, that can show you, where each team member will be after your orders is a splendid idea, for example.

I won't divide between BF and RC, though. I'll play them all :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Guest JediIgor

Just because it looks nice doesn't mean shit. Look at Rebellion, it looks so crappy and it's still one of the most wonderful games out there.

Galaxies looks like the best game ever and I was surprised by what a steaming pile of crap it was (if anyone cares to disagree I'll gladly make a fool out of that person by writing pages of rebuttal).

Point is, what are they marketing it as? A tactical game? Well then it needs to be like Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon with pre-planning or live planning and advanced teammate support (and definitely your teammates dying).

A shoot-them-up? Ok, been there done that, if you guys want that, try Jedi Academy, why should we pay another $50 for a Doom clone?

I think it looks good and will play well. As far as the the elite/Jango arguement goes,

JediIgor wrote:

c) you are an "elite" squad of stormtroopers, whatever happened to everyone being clones of Jango?

Yeah they're all from Jango, but that's just their genetic potential. More intense training can help them achieve that potential better than the other troopers.

I too wasn't too sure about you being able to just regenerate your guys, and as far as shooting guys. The number of shots seemed fine to me. It shouldn't be one-shot deaths for everyone or everything. Greivous's guards are especially tough!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

In the end it come down to what type of game you want. Some people like the gameplay of R6, but hate the realism. That's one of the big problems with gamers today, if it's too easy to die, it's not worth playing (though all of the R6 and rip-off games have been successful). I'll play the game, but I won't buy it. Maybe I'll spend the $5 to rent it.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• SWR Staff - Executive

It is explained in one of the Clone Wars books that the elite troopers (the ARC troopers) are breed with more individuality to give them more flexibility in fighting in an unorthodox way. While these are all clones, they aren't droids. They do have individual minds, experiences, even passions. Obi-Wan and other people on the frontlines in the books learn to treat them more than just soldiers.

Okay, that's my little side post. Carry on...

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Good point Evaders. :wink:

Good point GAT. I still think its gonna be a good game and I'm gonna buy it real quick.

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
JI, how nice to have your sunshiny, bright views on these forums again! :D I say, wait and see. If it's bad, it wouldn't be the first time LEC issued a bad game, however, if it's a good game, that wouldn't be the frst time either...

They're gonna ruin the game if you have to kill Grievous in the end! That would just be unrealistic and stupid. I hope they make it so in Ep III, it makes special reference to the elite troopers that helped undermine his power or something like that. (because that would be you!)

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
They're gonna ruin the game if you have to kill Grievous in the end! That would just be unrealistic and stupid. I hope they make it so in Ep III, it makes special reference to the elite troopers that helped undermine his power or something like that. (because that would be you!)
Name me one game where you have to kill a major or any character from the movies...

Guest JediIgor
Name me one game where you have to kill a major or any character from the movies...

Well you do fight Darth Vader in MotS, and you fight Boba Fett in JK:Academy (or was it JK2?).. so you know :). You don't actually kill them though.

BTW, thanks for your little tidbit Evaders, we can disqualify that point now, which wasn't more of a point but something I didn't realize at the time.

As for the "more than one shot to kill someone" I still think this is quite serious. If you play Rainbow 6 is takes about a shot (sometimes two) to take out an enemy. If you watch the movies, a stormtrooper can get killed in one or two blaster shots (namely A New Hope) .. since obviously not everyone is equipped with that armor, it makes no sense that people WITHOUT the armor would survive more than one shot.

Of course if the enemy in question has a thick exoskeleton or you shoot him in a non-vital area, that's a whole different story (though I highly doubt this).

I'd rather be a pessimist and be pleasantly surprised than an optimist and be disappointed :).