Ships missing? and other stuff.

Gonk

I'm running the 0.30 patch 1, and Homeworld 2 1.1. I'm looking at the ship list, and I've noticed some oddities. According to that, TIE Avengers are in the game, yet I've never, ever seen the option to build them. I've played the Rebels a lot as well, and have never seen an option relating to the Viscount Star Defender at all. Seems I'm missing a lot of stuff, but I'm not sure why. Has all of this recently been removed to be redone or something? Or am I missing something?

I've been playing primarily against the CPU, with the Warlords gametype selected, and under that, running Deathmatch, NJO time period (is there any way to set it to allow any and all ships, i.e., no restrictions on what's available, or does NJO do that?), and my usual RU injection and lump sum settings, unlimited unit limit, unlimited build restriction, etc.

Am I just losing my mind?

0.30 BETA released. This will be a temporary release until all of the content planned for 0.30 is implemented.
:wink:

I've also been looking for the new Bulwark or the Vong ships at first, but I guess they will be in the final .30 release 8)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Actually, the Bulwarks and TIE Avengers are included in this version if you have the patch. I got pwned by the computer when they sent 6 Bulwarks after me. I managed to take one out, but the rest were too tough. I don't have an image of the Avenger, since I didn't build them, but here are the Bulwarks

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDlAtsVHR4nfZyqXJOcNhris3n*Eh8mMocKUcFVGhC3LHGP5bB9U*MqynP1hnl86yPqIIi8wBOIRCVYHKo1mBKdj8rKGSDFTAmHLK9Jr4!zdjqzEXojOg/ss00000.jpg

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

OH, I just realized what section I am posting in, So that game must be Homeworld 2?!?

Never heard about that game, but I am going to look it up now on the web. Is it a Star Wars game? I wouldn't think it is because I buy ever SW game that comes out on PC and I havnt seen that one.

It's not a SW game, but the mod that I'm using is,. It's EvilleJedi's mods, and a great one it is. Most of the threads are about it in the forum (the Homeworld 2 forum that is). The mod is called Warlords, and you should definitely check it out!

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Give me about five minutes and I'll get you a screen shot of the Avenger, and I'll tell you what settings I'm using.

Ok, I know I could have done this in an edit, but I decided a new post was better.

I think that no matter what you settings are, you should be able to build the Avenger, but for arguments sake, I set the restrictions to Super Caps, and the era to ROTJ. I have htree pics, the first of the HUD, showing where the avenger build icon is, the second is of some avengers I've built... the third really has nothing to do with this, but I really like the pic.

BTW, Eville, this is by-far one of the best maps in the mod (second only to Coruscant Orbit). The lighting and fog is great!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDfAh8XoXUSQpDuS8aI4oQWc8M3gJEY1umWk3oDjHKxWSHFMzPrXV4Go6k6QY3jicvWR68nqcV1k6b72tlGmc25*0IxUHtniEkckHd7NHkCWsMcmR*k2Q/avenger2.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDrAk4XLYUSQpDuS8aI4u!Hlhw!merdK6oKvoTO24!Xq!h6mn8SqPxU5sq4xYguzO9Z7Fw9*aRzLY2awY3D2nOmu9n!kVUU6GQZTAQ36qLY1D8b18F*7Q/avenger10.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDdAvIUA9vf3FuZtNlSMu4cSmlFtwJYV!XUVnYyu3QoPpIEl823SzJVtpuuOMS81NrAuX42DDyH7ZoYh788!cs*IsadHAhso3BMCNZzR64/VSD.jpg

I hope this helps you out.

Ok yeah I'm not showing the Avenger icon at all. I typically use the NJO timeframe, but the Avenger is nowhere to be found.

I looked in the homeworld 2 directory \Data\ships folder, and there IS a folder dedicated to the T/A, but I can't seem to build it.

Also, what map is that?

The map is Nar Shadda. It's a good map if you're looking to take screen shots!

There should be three files in the folder, a .events, .hod, and .ship files.

They're all there, I just checked the game with the same settings you used (Super Caps, ROTJ timeframe) and nothing. Above the T/D is the Gunboat.

A screen http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/screens/warlords/ss00010.jpg

Its 1600x1200 because I had thought that perhaps it was a resolution issue or something. I usually run at 1280x960, but it wasn't showing up, so I quit, switched to 1600x1200, and did it again with the same settings.

Edit: Also just tried it with Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering off in both OpenGL and D3D, just in case. No luck.

I just noticed that the middle two tabs are shadowed out. Do you have research on?

EDIT:If that is not the case, head over to the chat room (http://www.swcic.net/index.php?content=javachat}, saves us from having to keep posting :wink: .

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

In that case, I would suggest re-installing the mod, and if need be, the game, though I doubt the latter will be needed.

Iam fasinated by this game, its exactly what I am looking for in a new game.

I Have played Rebellion for years, then Force Commander and now I play SW:Battlegrounds on the zone, and I have preordered Battlefront. But the game I want is more along the lines of a Rebellion 2, and this seems to be it.

I bought Imperium Galatica 2 because I thought it would fulfill my craving for a sci-fi grand stragety game, but its just not Star Wars. :cry:

How large is the HomeWorlds online community? Can you use the SW mods in an online game? If so this might be the next game I buy. :D

thx

The online community isn't very big, from what I've seen, but you can play the mod online.

Though nothing has been said yet, bobandrupert and I are organizing a tournament for those who are interested, so hopefuly that will create more interest. I'm still working on it, and I start University next week, so I'll keep every one posted.

On another note: Finally, some one else typing in colour!

• SWR Staff - Executive
heh well I'm currently talking to the guys at theforce.net and lucasfiles, there should be an upswing in interest sometime later his month (going to try and coincide 0.30 release with dvd release)

0.30? I thought we already had that version, or will there be an updated version?

Timing it with the DVD release is smart. People will be itching to play something that resembles the original moves more than JK II, or some crappy prequel.

EDIT:Never mind, I just remembered that we are using 0.30 BETA. I'm assuming that you mean the actuall v0.30 will be out then.

Iam going to download the Demo of this game first see how I like it. I've been dissappointed with other RTS's before that were not Star War-ish enough for me, so I hope I like this one. I also hope I can try the SW Mod out on the demo version.

btw the pics in the MOD section of this site look amazing for Warlords patch!