Optimal Firing Arcs

Amalthea

Does anyone know what the optimal firing arc for the Mon Remonda is? It seems to fire ion cannons like no one's business, but very rarely does it ever use its turbolasers. I'm looking at my screen right now on my other computer and my RSDs are shooting off more turbolasers than either of my MC-80cs. Oddly enough, the RSD is a Medium destroyer and the MC-80c is a Heavy Cruiser, yet does less damage.

What direction is the MC-80c facing, and at what angle (on the Z axis) is it relative to what it is firing at?

Actually, the MC-80c is very poorly equipped, and more along the lines of the MC-80b, according to the novels that is, so what you are describing sounds about right.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I was testing it out against a Fighter Factory. I've attempted firing from directly under it and there, it fires a ton of ion cannons, but very sporadic turbolaser fire. The other angles I've tried are on the same level as the factory, heading towards it, there, both ion cannons and turbolasers rarely fire.

In response to the second part of the post, I've always thought the Mon Remonda was a pretty good cruiser, in the novel Iron Fist, it was able to provide a challenge to Iron Fist as well as later on in Solo Command. Even given that it isn't very well equipped, it IS a cruiser and should do more damage than a mere destroyer that costs less than a third of its price.

I suspect that its something to do with the cruisers in 0.30, the Titan cruiser also does less damage than the ISD IIs around it.

Edit: After hyperspacing the Mon Remonda around, I noticed that it would fire much more turbos when it is really far away than if it were to be closer. At this distance, frigates are not visible on screen, but show up as red diamonds instead. Does distance matter in determining which guns will fire?

I always found that the Titan was quite effective, or at least more so than the ISDs and ISD IIs.

As for the Mon Remonda, I'm at a loss then. Perhaps the description in the game will provide more answers?

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• SWR Staff - Executive
the remonda has some big guns, but they have a hard time tracking, so against frigates it will have a hard time. so distance is a factor (closer means poorer tracking ability) but the reason is that the ions fire faster than the turbolasers because they are a lower power weapon. the remonda also has guns that fire in concentrated bursts so it will not constantly be firing like an MC-90 or a republic would be.

True, very true. I've found out that by jumping the Mon Remonda to about 14 or so klicks from the target, and by intelligently moving it around, it can pack some serious punches. Say like taking out two ISD-IIs, and a few ISD-Is before having to retreat to repair. It's one nice cruiser, but the admiral using it needs to know what its strengths are and how to utilize them well.

Ive never had problems with the Mon Remonda. Whats also funny is that i havnt realy had any problems at all. Except 4.8 catalyst drivers which broke the game (did a sys restore because i cant (well maybe i can) live without this mod....no game, it is more than a mere mod)

Jacen Solo: "What happened to the war?"

Pellaeon: "It went away."