General Grievous - what do you know?

Barkoa

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the opening sequeance for episode III will be a jedi assault and boarding of some confederacy starships in order to, get this, kill General Grievous.

I'm thinking most of the Seperatists will end up dead within the first thirty minutes to an hour (With the exception of Dooku) so that Lucas can create the Empire.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

I've never watched the CLone Wars shorts, sho otherthan the animated pic in the database, I've got no clue what he'll look like (I don't have QT so I can't watch the video).

I'm thinking most of the Seperatists will end up dead within the first thirty minutes to an hour (With the exception of Dooku) so that Lucas can create the Empire

I've got a feeling that a large part of the Seperatists will simpy be merged into the Empire. I've aslo got a fear that lucas will not acutally show a great deal of the Empire, but rather will end the movie like AotC.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Yeah, he has, but I'd like to see Imperial Centre at the height of its power, and a little more of the power of the Empire.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Its a shame. Grievous appears to be an afterthought. In the earlier trilogy, there is no mention, no evidence or anything. They say the jedi were hunted and killed by Vader, which undermines Grievous. I just want to see how that comes about etc

By the way Scath, thanks for the vid link!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

Dooku will be death within the first ten minutes or so, of the movie, Anakin will kill him.

Griveous will be death within the first 40-50 minutes of the movie and it'l be either Windu or Ben to kill him. I believe it's Ben.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Dooku will be death within the first ten minutes or so, of the movie, Anakin will kill him.

Griveous will be death within the first 40-50 minutes of the movie and it'l be either Windu or Ben to kill him. I believe it's Ben.

And from whence do you owe this strange intelligence? :wink:

I agree with Mad. Dooku is theoretically far better than Greivous. Well actually.. the fact file says that Grievous eclipses the threat seen by Dooku and I guess it depends on your interpretation of 'eclipse'. I don't think Anakin will kill Dooku. I reckon that job is gonna be Yoda's because of the Dark cave on Dagobah. I reckon Anakin's gonna kill Grievous, but only thru his anger will he be able to kick Grievous's... face.

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

And from whence do you owe this strange intelligence? :wink:

You now me as Trej but I'm really Rick McCallum, and Mask is George Lucas, that's why he doesn't discuss these threads. :wink:

That's from TF.N, and from bits and pieces one finds on the Internet...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Its a shame. Grievous appears to be an afterthought. In the earlier trilogy, there is no mention, no evidence or anything. They say the jedi were hunted and killed by Vader, which undermines Grievous. I just want to see how that comes about etc
Correction. Ben Kenobi in Episode I says that Vader helped kill the Jedi.

I agree with Mad. Dooku is theoretically far better than Greivous. Well actually.. the fact file says that Grievous eclipses the threat seen by Dooku and I guess it depends on your interpretation of 'eclipse'. I don't think Anakin will kill Dooku. I reckon that job is gonna be Yoda's because of the Dark cave on Dagobah. I reckon Anakin's gonna kill Grievous, but only thru his anger will he be able to kick Grievous's... face.
My Webster's Dictionary lists to eclipse as to diminish the brightness, glory etc. of something, especially by excelling. This rather strengthens the concept that Dooku dies before Grievous does...

Guest Scathane
The fact that Grievous eclipses Dooku is simply because he leads the Confederacy army.
Sure that's all... I bet that:

From within the ranks of the Confederacy came General Grievous, a brilliant strategist unhindered by compassion or scruples. His lightning strikes and effective campaigns caused his reputation to grow in the eyes of a frightened Republic. To many, he eclipsed the threat posed by Count Dooku, the charismatic leader of the Confederacy's political battlefields -- Grievous was the face of the enemy.

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

...has nothing to do with it?! :?

Guest Scathane
The fact he is keen tactician and that he is a Jedi Killer would surely also have something to do with it.
I would say so, as for the whole of Star Wars, we have never heard of an individual who killed 4 jedi in a single duel, or have we?

I guess the point is- He's damn good! I think he should be better than Dooku and thus die afterwards. We'll just have to wait until next May!

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
I guess the point is- He's damn good! I think he should be better than Dooku and thus die afterwards. We'll just have to wait until next May!
I hope that GL doesn't make the same mistake he made with Maul and kills Grievous off too quickly...

I have toagree with u scat...maul was to much of a bad ass to be killed off that easily, i just grievous will kill off some jedi and then be dealt with the same way exar kun was dealt with. A MASSIVE JEDI STRIKE!