Sucker punched by stupidity....

BadSamaritan

Well, I finally decided it was time to play around with RebEd. So I just looked around, adjusted a few minor details moslty involving ship cost, and decided on which ships i would get rid of, in place of usefull ones.

But, before I did this, i decided to start a new game, to test all my improvements. The game actually ran a bit smoother for the empire, and the rebellion. It was fast paced, and a major headache.

Luckily, my headache vanished when Curuscant got jumped by over a hundred corvettes. Needless to say, my four SDs didnt have a chance. After that horriffic defeat, i quit the game, and looked into rebed.

In the haste of all my adjustments, I had set the corvettes to a cost of 1/1. I had meant to set them to 10/15.

I hate corvettes....... :evil:

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

:lol: Don't worry, I'll had a similar experience once.

8O Woo...that all happened shortly before I joined, Mask. That looks like it was a killer battle!

Hey, BadSamaritan! Shouldn't this go in the "Those Damned Corellian Corvettes" thread? :wink:

Seriously though...that sucks.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I did that with SSDs... I forgot to change it back to normal cost/hyperdrive after testing Mask's model in-game (a very good model, by the way). It didn't take long for me to realize my mistake... anyway... I find some sort of humor when this happens. Don't worry. Everytime you think you've done something really stupid, someone comes by and tops it... now just watch as someone comes by and says they somehow changed every ship in the game to the DS or something.

I think lots of people hate corvettes. Death to CEC. :evil:

"I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other and I've seen a lot of strange things but I haven't seen ANYTHING to prove that there's an all-powerful force controlling everything. No mystical energy field controls MY destiny."- Han Solo

Well personally...I LIKE those "Damned Corvettes". :P:lol:

I changed 'em slightly in my game, though. Dropped the laser batteries to 40/40/60/60 and gave it a turbolaser rating of 10/10/5/5. That justifies the whole bombardment rating thing, IMHO. Of course, that change led to others (*cough* Carrack *cough*), and then things just snowballed... :roll:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

People these days, so lazy they can't even type two extra words. :twisted::wink::lol:

:oops:

Who am I kidding?

:P

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Hee hee hee... my ship specific changes so far amount to the following:

Carrack turbolasers quadrupled (it still sucks as anything but a scout/courier)

All other turbolasers (except for Neb-Bs' and the Death Star's :roll: ) doubled.

(Edit: Dreadnoughts' troop carrying capacity lowered to 1, CC-9600 and Liberty Cruiser's troop carrying capacity eliminated).

(Edit: I lowered the Strike Cruiser's construction to 50 and maintenance to 40)

(Edit: just now I gave the Dreadnoughts ion cannon - range 35, fore 20, aft 0, lat 40)

And I juggled the tech a little bit. Most significantly, CC-7700s and T.I.E. Defenders are tech 11.

Oh... and the Gunboat's laser cannon range was lowered to 17 (damn those Corellians, anyway! :evil: )

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight