Episode 3's full name

smellymummy

I must admit, I'm not impressed with the title. Rise of the Empire or even Rise of the Sith would suit me better.

I do likethe way they made the logo look like RotJ's though.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I think to most people the plot will be surprising, since most don;t read the spoilers. There will be somethings we can expect though. I just hope GL doesn't ruin more of the well-entrenched information that readers have been getting from the novels. It would really suck if he decides that Sidious and Palpatine are two different people, or that Vader is an Anakin clone.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
The only thing I am betting on for certain is a battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan. BTW, mummy, a very nice and informative post. Thank you, for telling us. :)

it's not a great title, I thought they could of come up with something better. I'm very disappointed. I hope the movie isn't this disappointing. :(
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest JediIgor

It's almost a mirror of the first 3 series.

A New Hope vs The Phantom Menace (both 3 words, and menace/hope are interconnected)

The Empire Strikes Back vs Attack of the Clones (someone fights someone else, 4 words too)

Return of the Jedi vs Revenge of the Sith (same # of words, plus the first one was going to be Revenge of the Jedi at first... talks about force users playing a big part in Star Wars).

So I think Lucas is doing pretty good so far in paralleling to the first 3 movies -- my only problem is the vocabulary, Episode 2 (and 3 somewhat) sounds really childish, whereas Episode 1 sounds really dope (Phantom Menace? coolest title for sure!).

So I think Lucas is doing pretty good so far in paralleling to the first 3 movies -- my only problem is the vocabulary, Episode 2 (and 3 somewhat) sounds really childish, whereas Episode 1 sounds really dope (Phantom Menace? coolest title for sure!).

Must agree with you. Not very cultic, the new title is...

"Revenge of the..." is wrong all the way! Just remember some movie titles:

Revenge of the Pink Panther

Revenge Of The Nerds

Revenge of the Cheerleaders (LOL)

Revenge Of The Mummy

Revenge of the Red Baron

Revenge Of The Ninja (ohhh...waht a movie that was! brrrr.. 8) )

Revenge Of The Kung Fu Master

Revenge of the Creature

Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman (yesssss :!: )

etc...

And now it's Revenge of the Sith.

GL can be very creative sometimes...

Emm... I not entriely sure I agree bro... George Lucas has essentially made out that this entire Star Wars saga is along the lines of the 1930's 'Flash Gordon' style Saturday-morning installments our grandparent's went to see...way back then... his choice of film titles hasn't freaked me out... The Phantom Menace was brilliantly titled when you consider Palpatine's plot to engineer the downful of the Republic, the Jedi, and give him an excuse to create a military machine the galaxy had never before seen in order to secure 'order.'

FM: sounds just like my Palpy card... :lol:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I'd rather that sort of creativity than the Jar-Jar Binks creativity.

As Jahled said it, we had already discussed the title a while ago, and I had even posted a synopsis that seemed pretty accurate.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I'd rather that sort of creativity than the Jar-Jar Binks creativity.

As Jahled said it, we had already discussed the title a while ago, and I had even posted a synopsis that seemed pretty accurate.

***Jahled postrates himself on his floor in the presance of the great Trejiuvant***

'For you were right all along!' :P

I don't care about the title, but I'm rather disappointed that Lucas is ignoring Expanded Universe stuff completely and utterly (although that was very predictable).

- "Hey, Mr. Lucas, are we going to see Garm Bel Iblis in the next movie?"

--Lucas plugs fingers into ears, starts looking at the ceiling and singing...

- "Lalalilalalah! I can't hear you!"

- "Okay, so how about Victory class st--"

- "LAAALLAAALILAAAA"

- "Bothans?"

- "FREEUDE SCHÖÖNER GÖTTERFUNKEN,...!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

If he didn't ignore EU Stuff Star Wars would get out of his hand, he'd have people chained to Skywalker Ranch begging Lucas to have Zahn make the scripts. On the other hand having characters like Garm Bel Iblis, Jorus C'Baoth, Nejaa Halcyon or even Thrawn make a cameo shouldn't cause that much trouble. And he could make even more money out of the dweebs that buy the action figures.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Actually, adding in EU stuff wouldn't take anyting out of GL's hands. When a writer is given permission to write and create post-RotJ stuff, they essentally agree that all of their creations are under the ownership and control of Lucas and his companies. He can do wahtever he wants with them. I think he leaves the stuff we have come to accept as fact out because he didn't create it, there for he must not acknowledge it. It's very childish on his part

Okay, I'll bite the bullet. I like the title. It lends a sense of continuity between the films, and also builds off that whole "Revenge of the Jedi" stuff from twenty-one years ago. That said, I am no fan of the prequels up to this point, so GL is going to have to come up with something darned good to catch my attention. Otherwise...I'll just wait for it to go to video.

As for the EU stuff...you'd think he'd throw us a bone now and then, especially when it gives him an opportunity to cash in. I mean, you're telling me that the man who made an action figure of Luke's Hologram and nearly every nameless senator and aide from the prequels wouldn't jump at the chance for Talon Kaarde, Pellaeon, et al. figurines? It's proof positive that he's on crack.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

In a sense, it is a good title. It is rather plain, though. I would've gone with something more unexpected. Actually, I do like it better than the name 'Attack of the Clones'. I'd bet it is a better movie, too. Well, I don't know. We'll see. I'll count on it being good. As long as it gets a bit more like the OT, I'm sure it'll be worth seeing in the movies and buying once it comes out. We can only hope, I guess.
"I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other and I've seen a lot of strange things but I haven't seen ANYTHING to prove that there's an all-powerful force controlling everything. No mystical energy field controls MY destiny."- Han Solo

George Lucas is quite childish. He completely ignores everything everyone has written thus far, and what every one has assumed is the truth, and thrown it out the window. And now all the new writers have to work around his immaturity to fix everything.

I nearly spat turbolaser blasts when in Attack of the Clones he shows that those little alian critters (cant remember how to spell their name, so Im not going to try) had designed the deathstar, when any real SW fan knows it was Bevil Lemisk and his scientists in the Maw that designed it.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I nearly spat turbolaser blasts when in Attack of the Clones he shows that those little alian critters (cant remember how to spell their name, so Im not going to try) had designed the deathstar, when any real SW fan knows it was Bevil Lemisk and his scientists in the Maw that designed it.

Yeah, I felt the same way. It especially didn't seem to fit the whole "New Order" put forth by the Emperor to use a non-human design for an ultimate weapon. It's just one more case where GL has contradicted himself. Kinda like the whole "Maw vs. Despayre" thing.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I disagree.

I think our Star Wars mythos has been absolutely ruined by outsider writers, spawning myths like how crap the TIE fighter is for example. Ben refers to the one they encounter nearing the Death Star 'as only a short-range fighter,' meaning the Empire had far more advanced fighters than the 'antiques,' on display at Yavin....

The Suncrusher, Devestators, 12 mile long Eclipses... Star Wars has got stupid... I just want to see GL reclaim his vision from all the c-rate authors trashing the SW universe with dodgy-stuff..... save perhaps for Zahn, who wrote a largly sensible series of books. :roll:

I disagree.

I think our Star Wars mythos has been absolutely ruined by outsider writers, spawning myths like how crap the TIE fighter is for example. Ben refers to the one they encounter nearing the Death Star 'as only a short-range fighter,' meaning the Empire had far more advanced fighters than the 'antiques,' on display at Yavin....

The Suncrusher, Devestators, 12 mile long Eclipses... Star Wars has got stupid... I just want to see GL reclaim his vision from all the c-rate authors trashing the SW universe with dodgy-stuff..... save perhaps for Zahn, who wrote a largly sensible series of books. :roll:

I fully agree, Dude. Somehow, GL makes SW "official". Would be great to have Zahn's visions in the official SW world. But all other writings remain fan fictions for me. Can't speak in the name of others though...