-===Spam===-

Lord_La_forge

As you already saw in the WELCOME topic, Evaders gived me moderator powers to stop spamming all over our loved forums. :)

So, PEOPLE!

I don't want to do anything!!!

Don't give me any work, I don't want to lock, delete, etc....

If you see that the one, you talking to is online at the time you are, ask him to continue your discussion on the IRC chat. Why? Because the forum is not for you... it's for everyone! The forums should contain information for every visitor here.

Chat here: http://www.swcic.net/index.php?content=javachat

Don't start off-topic discussions, or atleast, try to get back to topic soon.

Let topics -that became uninteresting- die. Too much active, spammed topics we have at the moment.

And the most important one: DON'T post in forums just to gain a higher rank. This is a community, not a fairy tale, that needs heroes and warlords. Try to do something for the others too, not only for your ego.

That's all for now. Enjoy your stay! And make us tons of valuable threads!

And comment this, if you like...

About time.

Good to see you back with us LF; do take a lap-top next time you go on one of your extended stays kicking and punching the living crap out of fellow humans dude...(including your brother...) :lol:

And listen up people: The guys producing the main results with our community, and game; like Mask, Cain, etc don't feel any need to spam! So don't! It's boring, a right hassle, and transparent in nature.

It's also not sincere. And think about that one. This isn't a chat room. You know where to go for Rebellion related chat.

Think of your posts as.. works of intelligent art... not graffiti spoiling our visit. :idea:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Oh darn... now i might have to think... Ummmmmm... i like glass.

Nope, not working, screw it... *thinking* "say something smart..."

I like Star Wars, because i have no life! I am lonely and void of emotions... Oh god please kill me

*dies*

War is the continuation of politics by other means...

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Just wanted to let you all know, that I am a moderator and just because I like to kid around and have fun, I will not tolerate abuse of SPAM or pervasive language at all. However, I do encourage you all to have fun and enjoy yourselves.

:arrow: Wow.... finaly a Cain ideea in practice ....( the "Borg" common ID used for moderators) we had that on RDB II .... I must say that this is a welcomed development in SWR .....I had notfy the admin I think 4 weeks ago about this problem .....I'm not free of spam.... but we needed this I was getting lost in the threads....Good luck moderator guys !

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Okay; I agree spamming got out of hand here in the past few days and I agree I was very involved in it. I welcome this new spam-free era and look forward to more constructive posting...

I was fun though, for a while.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

I agree that the spam was out of hand here recently and I aslo admit that I was at, or near, the epicentre. It will be good to have some Spam Guardians to defend us from its tyranny. If only there had been such a moderator when this all happened...

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

:arrow: Wow.... finaly a Cain ideea in practice ....( the "Borg" common ID used for moderators) we had that on RDB II .... I must say that this is a welcomed development in SWR .....I had notfy the admin I think 4 weeks ago about this problem .....I'm not free of spam.... but we needed this I was getting lost in the threads....Good luck moderator guys !

Once more Jahled requires a handbook in 'quick Romanian translation,' :lol:

I love this! No I do. :) Even in the 1990's life wasn't this universal! Put yourselves back into the 90's and check out who you were communicating with around the world....

..what we got... Costa Rica...Romania... Australia...Hungary....Holland..the States.. uk...but to name a few... :P

I like the internet.

Brings folks closer.

:)

....err..... anyway... do you need a translation droid Cain :?::twisted::)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

:arrow::idea: ....Now the SWR moderators have one common ID :).....like in the RDB II Forums :wink:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Actually it's not one ID, it's an usergroup, we stil lhave our normal IDs, I had wanted to clean up some of the spammiest threads a while ago, especially with Scath and Elvis gone for a while.

After a few days in the beach, and some few sunburns on my back, I was delighted to see that I had been made a moderator along with other two colleagues.

Watch what you post, it's six of us now! :twisted::D:wink:

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Ok, I have to post this here because the topic I am speaking about has been locked.

I understand the need to elimate spam. It's anoying, and it makes it difficult to find the relavent topic in a thread. This said, the locking of a topic that is perfectly ON TOPIC is obsurd. Such acts will slowly strangle a forum until no none wants to post for fear of having the topic locked.

"Go to a chat room" you say. There are few people who use chat room any more. Why? Because instant messengers have elimenated them almost completely.

Again, I know spam is a pain in the ass, but we weren't spamming the NJO thread, yet you lock it!? The quick responces you see on this forum are a sign of a living community. WHy would a new member come if they see that the moderators restrict the ammount of posts permited in a certain time frome, or that a thread hasn't been replied to from fear of the post being considered spam? I have yet to see another forum with this sort of obsessive controle. I'm sure you're thinking "then go to those other forums". People just might.

END RANT

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest JediIgor
Well there's 6 people using our chatroom now, out of 9 online on swrebellion.com.. that's pretty good. You say IM clients took them out, but that's like saying phones took out real world conferences/meetings, well they haven't.

Try using the IRC Room, guys. The question kaja had planted at the discussion of the thread was discussed. If you want to start a thread about Jedi and their wherabout feel free to do it.

The point La_Forge wants to make is that two or three pages of the same two or three people discussing anything is reducing the interest of other posters who feel overwhelmed at times.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

http://www.swcic.net/

You can always log on, free and easy. It's not just some kind of chat room Thrawn. There is a room for swrebellion.

You're rigt, that was NOT SPAM. Yes you were about on-topic, the reason why I've PAUSED the thread is, because there were more comments within a short period of time. Only a few minutes! Most of our users visit the forums once a day. As Trej pointed on it, we should try to get it balanced. If you feel like interrupted, I'm sorry for that. (But now really: it also sounds a bit funny, that you were being interrupted in a forum). I will reopen the thread in 10 hours. And I'm not feeling like a despot, and you have nothing to fear of, of course... that would be silly.

I'm glad that you guys are such active members however, I hope you will understand our decision too.

All other forums I've been to have thier members there prtty much all day. I posted inthe Imperial Assault forum and had a response from two people in rappid succession. Unless the forums rules are being violated, I think that the users should be able to regulate them selves.

Also, I didn't say IMs have eliminated chat rooms, I said that fewer people use them because of IMs. The same is true of in-peron meatings. At my work, why would my boss fly way the hell up-north to meat with some one they can conference call? They don't even frive 45 min to Toronto to meat with the big guys there.

I understand that there was only a few people posting in close proximity to one another, but if other, newer members wanted to post, they would. there is nothing stopping them, they need only to catch up. I was gone for what, a year, and got back into the swing of things quickly. Pallaeon, Thumper, the new girl Jess in the RPG, they've all jumped in. If the forum stagnates while waiting for one of hte new members to jump in, we'll be in big trouble. There's no flaming going on here to scare them off. Most people join up to have an identity here, and to allow them to post should something they've got an opinion on come up.

My anger is not directed at the fact that you wanted to slow things down on that thread, but that you took the choice away from us. If you want thins slower, writing in the formu rules that you can only post so often, or set the forum up that way.

Guest JediIgor
You can post as often as you want, but the point here is NOT to alienate the other users who may miss out on several pages of discussion because a few of you guys decided to treat the thread like your personal chat room.

My anger is not directed at the fact that you wanted to slow things down on that thread, but that you took the choice away from us. If you want thins slower, writing in the formu rules that you can only post so often, or set the forum up that way.

Quite good idea here. Our forums are currently set up this way. So you can't post 2 times within one minute ( I think). Perhaps, making those pauses a bit longer..

As you can see, there are no universal forum rules here. The only thing I can use here is experience. I want this forum to be like it was for the past 2 years. You guys were here, and seen it, of course you posted half as much...

I don't think I have scared of anybody here.

Also: sure, other members can catch up if they want to, but as you can see, our forum is being used worldwide. So mostly, when you are online here, people on the other side of the globe are sleeping.

The topic is reopened now. Feel free to post again. Could be, that nobody else want to join your discussion, but atleast give it a a chance :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Well I must say, after being away for 2 weeks and this being in place for but a few days before I left. I come back to a more on-topic forum. I have not read every post but I sense a great deal of thought before posts. Instead of back and forthing, I see more of good, fun debating that had meaning.

Now, I must say that our forum has grown and many topics have spread to 10+ pages easily. Thhis alone makes it hard for a new member to take in, but at least they are reading helpful and useful debates. So, when it comes time for them to post after reading about the people before them, they can add something useful aswell, instead of only increasing the cycle as they have read so many other people do.

I think you all are doing much better overall. I hope you all stay conscience of your posts, their content, and their meaning to the topic at hand as am I.

Thank you, for making SWR a much better forum :)