Welcome to the #3 Edition of 60 Standard Minutes.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

How did you enjoy this edition?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How did you enjoy this edition?

• Great! Keep it up!
    • Okay.
    • Bad.

Why not do a series about Rogue Squadron. I mean before the New Republic and during the rebellion. That would be pretty cool. I know a certain amount about it so maybe...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

The only problem is, during the rebellion only a few squadron members are know. Unless there is a series of books or comics that cover that era of Rogue Squadron, we'd have a rehashing of the Battle of Hoth and the Battle of Endor.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Mad, I had thought about doing a Rouge Squadron edition, but as Thrawn said a lot of it would be repeats about Hoth and Endor. But I will see what I can do. If it does not work out, I do something else. :)

I wll name a list of people who were in RS during the Alliance.

Note I shall only describe the actions of these characters during the rebellion.

Luke Skywalker

I shall not bother with a description

Wedge Antillies

Same as above

Dack Ralter

Little is knowen of him. His parents were political prisonners and he was arrested with them. When he was an adolescent, during a transfer, Dack managed to escape from the barge on which he was. The next step was of course to join the Rebellion. He entered Rogue squad as a replacement after the battle of Yavin. Even thought he was younger than most of the pilots his skills as a gunner and a pilot could not be denied. Sadly his career ran short after he was killed during the battle of hoth while accompagning Luke as a gunner for his Snow speeder.

Zev Senesca

Zev entered the Rebellion when his parents where killed by the Empire when he was young. He was always older than most of the group but this did not stop him from showin great bravoury and skill, once holding off three tie fighters alone so that a transport could escape. He had already 48 imperial ships painted on his ship when he was killed during the battle of Hoth while attempting a daring run against an Imperial walker.

Wes Janson

Wes was born on Taanab and joined the Rebellion after the battle of Yavin. He is extremely good at any kind of gunning. He was the gunner of Wedge Antilles during the Battle of Hoth and it was him who hit the leg of the AT-AT so that Wedge could bring it to the ground. Expert at making dumb, childish jokes, many times Janson has been menaced by Wedge... This did not stop him from starting again as soon as possible.

Derek "Hobbie" Klivian

Hobbie is born on Ralltir. He joined and defected from the Imperial Academie with Jed Porkins and Biggs Darklighter and joining the Rebelion. He then spent some time around Sullust running some guns before joining Rogue Squadron. He is often quite squeptique but he will never disobey a supperior. It is said that he appreciates Bacta baths... But he never misses his target.

Kasan Moor

Kasan is born on Alderran. She was quite young when she joined the Imperial Academie. She quickly showed her impressive capacities at the comtrols of a fighter. She was given the lead of the 128 Tie Interceptor squadron. But all her enthusiasme disappeared when she heard of the destruction of her planet. Thought she continued to serve the Empire, she secretly thought of a way of defecting. The opportunity came when she and her squadron had to engage the Rogues on the planet Gerrard VI. A Y-ing shot her down using their Ion Guns. She then joined the alliance and served loyally. What happened to her after the dissolution of the squadron is unknowen.

See it isn't that hard to find info about the Rogues.

I forgot to count few characters such as Tycho Celchu and I did it without much research. Do you actually want a uncondensed version?

Hmm. I've heard slightly different details for some of the Rogues.

For instance, Wes joined before Yavin. He sat out of the battle because he was sick.

I've also heard that Dack was born on the prison planet and escaped in another fashion.

But anyway, just my two Republic credits. :wink:

-Thumper

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!

I franquly wasn't sure about Wes so I can give you credit. And I got the info that Dack's parents were captured so I kinda guessed that he was taken with them. But you must be right. Understand that I didn't do deep researches so excuse if there are a few errors. :oops:

No problem. I'm not trying to put you down or anything. :) I've just done a fair amount of research on the Original Trilogy-era Rogues, so I've accumulated some trivia. :wink:

-Thumper

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!

No problem. I'm not trying to put you down or anything. :) I've just done a fair amount of research on the Original Trilogy-era Rogues, so I've accumulated some trivia. :wink:

-Thumper

Some trivia, Thumper? :roll: Try, 'encyclopedic knowledge'.

She knows her stuff, boys! What's more, she's taught me a few things, and what she doesn't know off the top of her head she'll find out from her vast network of informers. :D

*looks at Mad's rank* Dear LORD, Mad! You're already a Grand Admiral?!? {sigh}

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Pre Empire makes perfect sense. When referring to Chewie's birthday, they use the original day and year. There fore, if he was born 183 years before the empire, his B-Day would be 183 PE. How does that not make sense? If you look in teh Star Wars Encyclopedia all of the dates in the timeline are based on the Battle of Yavin as 0. Everything before is BBY and everything agter is ABY. Chewie's birhtday is the same thing. Also, consider BCE and CE (it's no longer BC and AD). Events that occur before year 0 are BCE (before common era) and things after are CE (common era). I think that you are assuming the year oc Chewies birth to be 0.

thanks makes perfect sense. actually i was just assuming the years were being counted ahead (183, 184, etc) and not towards the point of the empires birth

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Not sure, I was MIA when you joined. I joined a year before you, so I guess about 1200-1300... estimate.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
You actually exceeded the rules of spamming, darky. Plus I have been out of town for awhile. :wink: