The second edition of 60 Standard Minutes!

Guest Admiral_Antilles

How did you enjoy this edition?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How did you enjoy this edition?

• It was great!
    • It was okay...
    • Terrible! No more!

Guest Admiral_Antilles

For the second edition of 60 Standard Minutes, I have decided to give you all a double-feature! As always, I hope you all enjoy this, and want me to continue my articles. Starting at the end of this post I will begin taking suggestions as to my next characters I discuss. So please give me some feedback as to how you enjoyed this edition, as well as to whom you would like to see in future editions.

Isolder

The younger son of the Hapan Queen Mother, Isolder held the title of Chume'da (which roughly translates to "Prince") at the time when Leia Organa petitioned the Hapans for assistance in defeating Warlord Zsinj. He had been named Chume'da because his older brother, Kalen, was murdered by a privateer named Harravan. It was later revealed that Kalen had been assassinated by their mother, Ta'a Chume, in an effort to remove him from the line of succession. The blonde-haired Isolder caught a glimpse of Princess Leia Organa when she arrived on Hapes to form an alliance with the Hapans, and fell in love with her. He proposed to his mother that a marriage to her would help the Hapans prosper, and Ta'a Chume pretended to agree. When a Hapan delegation arrived on Coruscant to discuss an alliance with the New Republic, they presented Leia with sixty-three gifts, one from each of the worlds in the Hapes Cluster. The sixty-third gift was Prince Isolder, who had arranged to go to Coruscant, where he proposed marriage. Leia stalled the marriage, and was given more time to decide when Han Solo won Dathomir in a sabacc match. Han kidnapped Leia and took her to Dathomir, and Isolder and Luke Skywalker followed to rescue her. While on Dathomir, Isolder met Teneniel Djo and realized that he loved her more than Leia. He also learned of his mother's treacherous attempt to have Leia killed. In an effort to break the unsavory traditions he mother adhered to, Isolder took Teneniel as his bride. Luke Skywalker had foreseen that he and Teneniel would give birth to a daughter who was strong in the Force, a prophecy which was later fulfilled with the birth of Tenel Ka. When Ta'a Chume stepped down, Teneniel Djo became the Queen Mother of Hapes, and Isolder became her king.

The Hapans remained outside galactic politics for several years, until the Yuuzhan Vong invaded the galaxy. Then, Leia Organa-Solo again traveled to the Hapes Cluster in hopes of convincing the Hapans to join the fight against the alien invaders. The Hapes Consortium was divided on whether to support the New Republic, until Isolder slapped Beed Thane for insulting Leia. This led to an unusual duel in which the winner would control the vote. Thane was arrogant, and Isolder was able to outlast him. The Hapes Cluster joined the New Republic in an effort to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong, and Isolder himself led the fleet from the Song of War. However, as the combined fleet made to defend Corellia, it was discovered that the Yuuzhan Vong were actually attacking Fondor. The fleet made emergency maneuvers to reach Fondor, but found the shipyards utterly destroyed. The Hapans and the New Republic forces opened fire on the Yuuzhan Vong armada, but all hostilities were ceased when a blast from Centerpoint Station ripped through the Fondor System. In addition to wiping out the Yuuzhan Vong, the blast decimated the Hapan fleet. Isolder and his crew aboard the Song of War were just outside the blast, and survived to limp back to the Hapes Cluster. Once home, Isolder discovered that Teneniel Djo had miscarried their second child, and that she had fallen into a deep despair. With the Hapan people clamoring for strong leadership, Isolder was forced to consider an unusual request from his mother: divorce Teneniel Djo and marry Jaina Solo.

Fey'lya, Borsk

Fey'lya, recognizable by his cream-colored fur and violet eyes, was a native of the Bothan colony world Kothlis. He joined the Alliance shortly after the Battle of Yavin. He brought with him a large contingent of Bothans. He led the mission to steal the Death Star plans, and was rewarded with a leadership position in the Alliance which grew into a seat on the New Republic's General Council. As a councilor in the Alliance, he began playing the various representatives against each other, in an effort to gain more and more power.

After the Battle of Endor, Fey'lya's manipulations came to a head when the New Republic - in an effort to gain some legitimacy - began to plan the retaking of Coruscant. Fey'lya set up the series of discussions and briefings on Noquivzor, where other members of the council would feel ill-at-ease, due to the planet's dry environment. This worked in his favor, forcing Ackbar and others to debate amongst themselves while Fey'lya entered his own opinions. Fey'lya probably would have continued to gain power this way, but his Bothan ideals got the best of him when Grand Admiral Thrawn stepped onto the scene. When he saw an opportunity to denounce Admiral Ackbar and gain control of the Republic's armed forces, he took it. He aligned himself with Grand Admiral Thrawn's plans to discredit Ackbar, and was the main proponent in Ackbar's treason hearings. When the plot against Ackbar was revealed, Fey'lya thought that his career with the Republic was finished. However, the Republic recognized that is needed strong leaders, and pardoned him. Rumors abound that, at this time, Fey'lya tried to bribe Talon Karrde with 70,000 credits to keep information about the planet Wayland a secret. These rumors, when combined with the information on the Bothan participation in the destruction of Caamas, fueled wild speculation about his clan's part in Caamas' death.

However, he remained a loyal Republic supporter after that, although he never lost his uncanny ability to turn a situation to his own advantage. To this end, he began forcing Asyr Sei'lar to abandon her relationship with Gavin Darklighter, for he felt that it wasn't the way a proper Bothan - let alone a hero of stature almost equal to the Martyrs - should behave. Asyr ignored him, knowing that Bothan society would have to change to meet the demands of the new galaxy. Fey'lya told her that he himself would control that change, and told Asyr to fall into line with him. She refused, and after her "death" at Corvis Minor 5, she began working to change society without him. The fact that Asyr's body was never recovered hurt Fey'lya's plans to make her into the greatest of all Martyrs, and forced him to approach Booster Terrik with a request to locate a Bothan body to use in her place. Fey'lya had no qualms about Booster's people murdering a Bothan in order to fill the need. Booster flatly refused, and beat Fey'lya with his fists to ensure he got the message. Fey'lya was forced to return to Coruscant and rethink his plans. He later served as the chairman of the Justice Council during Leia Organa-Solo's tenure as Chief of State. After the agreement with Admiral Pellaeon to effectively eliminate Imperial opposition, Fey'lya was named Chief of State of the New Republic in a sweeping power-play. He led the New Republic Advisory Council twenty years after the Battle of Bilbringi, and was in this position at the onset of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. He had arranged for a great deal of support to be voted to Senatorial positions, and received strong backing when Leia Organa Solo pleaded with the High Council to act against the Yuuzhan Vong forces. Fey'lya and his supporters dismissed her pleas as a poorly-disguised way to regain political power, but he was proven wrong when the worlds of Dantooine, Bimmiel, and Garqi were overrun by the Yuuzhan Vong. After it was revealed that he had manipulated Navy orders to avoid confrontation with the Vong, Fey'lya was forced to concede leadership to the military in order to avoid a complete take-over of the galaxy by the Yuuzhan Vong. However, he managed to retain enough control to throw support to the Jedi, garnering a measure of support he had yet to attain. However, all his posturing and political maneuvering came to naught when the Yuuzhan Vong bypassed the Bilbringi Shipyards and attacked Coruscant itself. Rather than allow the planet to be taken while he fled in fear, Fey'lya allowed himself to be captured. He had hoped that the Yuuzhan Warmaster, Tsavong Lah, would come to Coruscant, but Fey'lya was allowed only to speak to Romm Zqar. During the Yuuzhan Vong' request for formal surrender, Fey'lya refused, setting off a collection of explosions in the Imperial Palace that took his life and those of the entire Yuuzhan Vong complement. Nevertheless, Coruscant fell to the alien invaders, despite Fey'lya's noble end.

There has been some talk as to other people helping me in future editions of the 60 Standard Minutes, but I will be holding off on this idea for a while longer, so just bare with me. As always, I am using the rest of the post as a discussion for the two characters I have outlined. Also, as said above, feel free to name a few people you would like to see in future editions. I hope you enjoyed it, and May the Force be with you! :D

Isolder was quite informatice. There was some stuf there I didn't know.

As for Borsk, I hate the fuzz ball, and was none too dissapointed when he blew him-self away.

Great job!

Edit: I noticed after I voted taht there were two votes for great... did you vote for your self? 8)

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

You should write a biography for the Millenium Falcon.

Ships are people to ya know. :P

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well I think you will be glad when you see the Falcon with my Han Solo biography... Ooops.. what a big mouth I have... :wink:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well Darky, I hope to do some on SWR members but I am just getting started with this project and want to do a lot more SW characters before I do SWR members. But rest assured I will do them. I have already done some preliminary outlines... :)

good article. I enjoyed the borsk one, since i never really knew what he did.

you need to add more paragraphs and line breaks in your posts. it makes reading much more easier!

so the next one in han solo? a good followup to solo would be calrissian. smuggling stories should be fun :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Sure thing, mummy. I am glad you enjoyed my article, and starting with #3 I will begin actual paragraph breaks. :)

Wow, I think that will be the first grammarically correct post on the forums.

The fact that you have prelim scetches for SWR members sort of scares me. Are you using some secret acces to CIA files on us? 8O

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Hehe, I am afraid not, Thrawn. They are relatively useless, just small notes of some things I have witnessed and taken part of in my time at SWR. I am sure you will enjoy it, when I eventually do it. :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Ok, we have had our fun, now lets get back to the discussion at hand. Feel free discuss in anyway about what you think of Prince Isolder and Borsk Fey'la. :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I doubt that, Darky. I just thought I would give people two to start. Give them more of an idea to what I am doing, to see if they really are interested in more. :)

Personally, I use to only have one word to describe my feelings towards Borsk: HATE!!! :twisted:

Though, during Star by Star, I didn't despise him so much. For once, instead of just thinking of himself totally, he did good for others as well. He helped the Jedi, got the military back into full swing and in the bitter end he tried to take out Tsavong Lah. Nevertheless, even then it was so people would remember him :roll:

I just felt his character had changed from the do everything I can to get myself a head cliche he had become to something a little less arrogant.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I guess you are right about Fey'La even thought I must say I never really liked him (he falsely accused Ackbar :evil::evil::evil::evil: )

For Isolder: Nice dude a bit of a show off from what I understand anyway quite like him.

PS: bet you Spamtillies is preparing abiography of DJ44. And could you do Wes Janson at some time. I just love this guy :D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I am gald to see we are al still staying on-topic and playing nicely. But I thought I might have ask you all how you want this done. I have the third edition ready to go. Do you all want to wait for it or not? :)