Hit-and-run?

Sabre252

Question

hi,

I'm new to the forum, but not to the game :D , i used to play all the time, and have recently started again. I have one nagging problem when I play as either the empire or the rebellion, the computer uses amazing hit-and-fade attacks, a huge fleet arives over a lightly-to-medium defended planet, bombards the planet to destroy a shipyard complex or construction yards, and then moves before my sector fleet can arive. this typically lasts for about 6 planets untill the AI fleet disapears.

I know garrisoning tie's on planets that dont have a fleet in orbit is pretty obvious, but the enemy fleet managed to destroy 50 squadrons of tie-fighters, is there any effective way to fight off theese hit and run attacks? its making the game a little annoying (still fun, and addictive) but just a bit annoying.

thanks for all the help!!

-- Sabre252

3 answers to this question

First off, welcome to the forums! :D

As for your question, there was a topic like this in the Gaming Stories forum.

http://www.swrebellion.com/postt14.html

There were lots of suggestion, and one of them might just work 8O

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.