Rise of the Mandalorians

BadSamaritan

Ok, how was the first installment of the series?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Ok, how was the first installment of the series?

• Good.
    • Could have been better
    • Terrible. Dont ever write again.
    • Excellent. Cant wait to read more.

**Ok, all of this talk of mandalorians got my creative side going, here is the first of what will hopefully be a nice little string of shorts, starring everybodys favorite warrior race, the mandalorians**

Lieutenant Sabman shifted uncomfterably in his cockpit, even though it was quite spacious. He shifted due to the massive black helmet on his head, and the black bodysuite he was being forced to wear to fly his fighter. He was still astounded that he was in the cockpit of a TIE Defender, one of the most powerfull fighters in the galaxy.

He always wondered where Antilles had managed to scrounge these fighters up from, especially considering how usefull they would have been in fighting the vong on the front lines, instead of hunting down Vong supply ships deep in enemy territory. But at the same time, he knew that giving a squadron this assignment, and not giving them the best ships available, would have been akin to giving them a suicide mission. he sighed, and decided not to think about it any more. He was only a few moments away from leaving hyperspace, and he needed to have his mind on the mission now.

As the timer reached zero, he reached up, and pulled back on a lever, hurtling him out of hyperspace, along with the twelve other fighters in the squadron. He looked about through space for a moment, and saw thet he had exited hyperspace a moment to soon, and the rest of his squadron was almost three kilometers ahead of him. He silently cursed to himself, and reached for his throttle. He pushed it forward, eager to catch up with the rest of the squadron. And then, out of nowhere, he heard one of the other pilots curse silently, and he looked to the planet they were heading towards, and mentally joined his fellow pilot in cursing.

Far out in front of them, a massive firefight raged in orbit of the planet that was once a minor supply depot for the New Republic navy near the rim. It had been taken by the near the beginning of the invasion, but intelligence said their was still a resistance on the planet, and the vong werent known for using the planet for anything other than a minor pitstop for their ships. But now, it looked like The vong were in a desperate fight to keep the planet. But he didnt recognize the ships the Vong were fighting.

"Uh, Commander?" one of the pilots in the squadron squeaked, breaking the comm silence that they were under. Sabman knew that whoever had said it would be chasticed severly upon returning to their home base, but he himself had been tempted to speak up.

"I see them", his cammander barked, "All fighters, hold your positions. Can anyone get an ID on those unknowns?" his commander asked, obviously astounded by what he was seeing. Sabman slowled to a halt, a sidled up close to his wingman. He taped a few buttons on his console, and stared intently at the sensor reading he was getting.

The largest of the unknown vessels was nearly two kilometers wide, but less than a kilometer long. Shaped somewhat like a diamond, there were two engines at each end of the ship, with one massive one in the middle. The surface of the vessel was smooth, except for what appeared to be a large amoutn of weapon emplacements. That suspicion was confirmed whan all the emplacements opened fire, sowing destrusction along the hulls of three Vong cruisers. Sabman watched in astonishment as the three vong cruisers withered under the assault, and began to break up.

He shook his head, and then looked at the sensor readouts on all the small vessels. Thay all seamed to have the same general shape, from the largest vessel, all the way down to the fighters. But the fighters had three engines spaced out evenly along the aft of the vessel. he enhanced a visual of the neares tof the ships, and noted the color scheme on its hull. It was almost covered by a forest green, except for dull grey highlights. Upon seeing this, something deep in his memory jarred, and he stared intently at the vessel, wondering where he knew those colors from. Suddenly, his commander spoke again, this time, with an even, carefull voice.

"Alright, it looks like the Vong are going to lose this one, and lose it bad. But we still have orders to try and contact the resistance on the planet. Ideas?" he said, confusion evident in his voice. This caught Sabman off gaurd, his commander rarely asked for input from the squadron, but then, he rarely needed it. Another voice came over the comm, and Sabman recognized it as the voice of his wingman, a female twilek by the name of Krythla who had recently been assigned to the squadron.

"We could try the other side of the planet, sir. There doesnt seem to be any action over there, so we should be able to make it down undetected." she said, confident in her reply. Sabman knew she was right, and her idea was a sound one. But at the same time, there was no risk involved, and thier commander liked some risk.

"That is a good observation, but i would like to try and get a little bit closer to those unknowns, and get some recording of them. Command will want every detail about them we can give them. We might have new allies against the vong here." he said, his voice holding a slight hint of humor in it. It would be like his commander to find humor is the oddest of places.

As the rest of the squadron discussed their best route planetside, Sabman went back to his sensor reading. There was still something about the color scheme of the vessels that bothered him. He knew he had seen it before, but he just couldnt place it. He hit a button to bring up the visual of the nearest vessel again, and stared in horror at what he saw. This vessel wasnt near the planet, but behind them, and closing in fast. He hit another button, and saw that there was not one, but three of the ships. Before he could even react, the comm system came alive, and a female voice echoed through is helmet.

"Imperial fighters, you are ordered to power down all systems, and hold your positions. Disobey me, and seal your fate." she said, and he could tell that she was serious. He reached for his powerdown controls, but waited for his commander to give the order. Hopefully his commander would comply with the order, Sabman didnt feel like dying today.

"Who is this?" his commanderd yelled, obviously furious at being ordered around by someone he didnt even know. Sabman winced, knowing that his commander was making a mistake. "You have no right to order us to do anything, this is a Republic sys..." his commander began saying, but before he could finish, a bright blue flash of energy collided with his commanders ship, and it detonated violently. The vessels whipped around the squadron in a wide arc, and Sabman could see the guns of the ships tracking each of the fighters as they moved.

"Anyone else want to question me?" the voice asked, anger more than evident. With is commander now dead, he was in command, and he knew better than to try and be brave.

"Power down everyone. No point in dying here." he said, and he powered down all syatems except for his comm system and sensors. He noted that everyone else in the squadron was doing the same, and he breathed a sigh of relief. No one else was dying now, hopefully. But he knew that little fact was up to whoever was flying the vessels around them.

The three vessels slowly came to a stop in front of them, and Sabman squinted his eyes, trying to get a glimps into the cockpits of the nearest vessel. Unable to do so, he looked to his sensor board, and guided the small holocam to point at the cockpit of the central vessel. He began to zoom in, and suddenly, he realized why that color scheme had bothered him so much. The three people in the cockpit of the nearest vessel all wore the same distinctive helmets. The helmets of Mandalorian warriors.

"Thank you. You may all now consider yourselves prisoners of Admiral Sakrith. Prepare to be tractored in to the fleet, and dont try anything," the voice said again. But Sabman knew that the rest of the squadron would not need this warning. They had already say what had happened to their commander, and none of them had any want to die today.

Suddenly, his ship shook, and her realized that a tractor beam had been locked onto his vessel. He then watched in amazement as the outer engines of the vessels in front of them rotated to point in the other direstion, then fired to slowly pull them towards the planet. Sabman checked his long range sensors, and noted that the battle was over. None of the vong ships remained in orbit, and the larger capitol ships in orbit had begun bambarding the planet.

"Imperial starfighter, disengage your sensors" the voice came again, and Sabman realixed that they were taking no chances. He sighed, and deactivated his sensors. He leaned back into his seat, and prepared for what could be a vary long ride.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Wow guys, is the story really that bad? One vote, and no replies? See if i ever post a astory here again. :evil:
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Guest JediIgor

I thought the other story made more sense, I mean here you are with Mandalorians popping out of nowhere at the weirdest possible moment.

Did you play Knights of the Old Republic? It mentioned they all got their butts kicked by the Republic/Jedi and were on the way to being extinct.

I wouldnt think its the weirdest possible moment. Just a rather odd one. And there is a reason for them to choose now to do something. Assuming I actually write the next few installments, it will be explained.

As for them being on the way to extinction, that doesnt mean they couldnt have rebounded.

But yah, the first part could have been a lot better.

Ok, im confused, what do you guys mean 'they came out of nowhere'?

There wasn't a build up or anything. They were suppose to be destroyed, and suddenly they come back...

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest JediIgor
If there was some kind of backdrop (i.e. mysterious activites reported in the Outer Rim) or whatever, it would make more sense :)

If there was some kind of backdrop (i.e. mysterious activites reported in the Outer Rim) or whatever, it would make more sense :)

Very true. Im just going to have to write their sudden appearence into the galaxy very carefully.

*scraps his second installment plan, and begins again*