Something about Star Wars NJO Novels?

kaja

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ben? :?

If you mean Ben as in "General Obi-wan Kanobe" He Severd his Link with the living side, FIVE YEARS after He died.

I think I spelled Kanobe Wronge.

Anyways its Late and I gotta Get some sleep, ya know Oshkosh is on Thursday.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Ben? :?

If you mean Ben as in "General Obi-wan Kanobe" He Severd his Link with the living side, FIVE YEARS after He died.

I think I spelled Kanobe Wronge.

Anyways its Late and I gotta Get some sleep, ya know Oshkosh is on Thursday.

No, not Obi-wan Kenobi (<- here's the spelling if you wanted, had to look it up myself :roll: ). They're talking about Luke and Mara's son who's named Ben, who was born in the NJO peroid - click here for a little more info if you want.

Good 'ol Unofficial SW Encyclopedia :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

How old will Ben be in the new series, five or six? That's about the same age as the twins were when they started thier adventures. I wonder how stron he'll be in the force. I mean, with parents like that, he'll be able to kick Kyp's butt (which is good, because I hate that smugg bastard).

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

It's Lukes passive stance that makes Kyp seem stronger. Luke doesn't feel the need to use his powers to prove himself, while Kyp probably uses the force to qipe himself. The thing I didn't like about authors writing in the pre-NJO novels is that every author who introduced a new Jedi, except for Horn, felt the need to make them stronger than Luke, like there was a competition to make the best Jedi ever.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

my problem with the pre-NJO books is that there are so many Jedi--and this carries over into the NJO era books as well. After such a complete purge, it should have taken several generations to recreate the jedi order, not 20 years. Even allowing for spontaneous (ie, non-genetic) force ability, i don't see how there could be so many Jedi by the time of the VOng invasion. The worst part is, that most of the new jedi aren't of this "spontaneous" variety, but instead descendents of old Jedi who miraclulously escaped the purge, or Jedi who sat out the Civil War. The reason seems to be similar to the idea of each author trying to out-do the last's creation of Jedi by making the most powerful...each felt the need to create their own groups of Jedi...resulting in just too many. Luke goes from the last of the old, to the first of the new, to one among dozens.

Well, when you think about it, the SW galaxy has billions of stars. Hundreds of millions of worlds. And literally trillions upon trillions of beings, all who upon being born, have a small chance of being a jedi.

As for Jedi escaping the purge, the galaxy is large place, and not even the empire could hunt down all the jedi. Granted, most of the jedi were probably stupid, and stayed in groups to survive, instead of scattering themselves. But still, it wouldbt be all that hard for a few jedi to hide out on some remote planet on the rim, and wait for the right time to show themselves.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I wasn't sure where all of those Jedi came from, or why they couldn't fill Luke in on all of the info about the old Jedi Order, or why they didn't take command. Actually, the introduction of jedi who had been hiding is a little stupid if you think about it. Yoda was the most powerful of the Old Order, yet he didn't know they were out htere? Give me a break! Yoda siad "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be". To me that means there were no Jedi cowering on some rim planet. Bloody EU authors...

How was Yoda supposed to know about them? He had been hiding in a swamp for almost twenty years.

And most of Lukes first pupils werent even aware that they were Jedi. Most of them were only found out because of the fact that they stood out for one reason or another.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Force adepts are one thing. I can see them escaping the purge since they weren't Jedi. As for the others, Yoda would have been there 'till the end, and would have known about them. The Emperor would have known about them too, and he probably knew about Yoda. They could have sensed them through the force, but the reading would have been too faint as to allow for a location (Vader was right above Tatooine and didn't know Kenobi was there). Remeber, the Empire had only been around for about 24 years at the end of Return of the Jedi. If there were to be Jedi, the Empire would have known.

Still, the galaxy is a rather large place to hide. And if a Jedi really wanted to, he could risk it all and flee into the unknown territories, or, worse yet, hide right under the Emperors nose, like one Jedi did.

An insectod jedi the size of a flea? Now that would be comedy. But anyways.

A jedi actually stayed on curascant after the start of the purge, and retreated into the lower levels of the city to try and survive. The lasted until around the batle of hoth before the emperor even realized he was there. he didt last long ofter that though.

I cant remember where i read that story, it was in a magazine a few years back. But damn was that a good story.