Something about Star Wars NJO Novels?

kaja

I have a question for someone who has read all or most of the New Jedi Order Novels: When Chewbacca Dies, Dose he come back? Becuse is Chewbacca!!!!!! He was in three of the Movies (so far, maby in episode III too) He can't die. So Dose he come Back?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he doen't come back. Actually, up unti Anakin dies too, there is a whole sub-plot about the guilt both Anakin and Han feel over his death. Eventually that guilt gets put to rest.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yes, he dies in Vector Prime. Don't blame Salvatore.. he was just doing his job. It was a decision by the Lucas editors to kill him. At least, Salvatore made his death worth something.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well at least they did not kill ike Han or someone though. That would have been worst...

If you read the books you'll see that chewie and anikan dying are acctualy just part of the change, i think anyone who has read all the books would agree, there's ithor, many jedi die, Eglos A'kla, many temples on yavin are destroyed, CORUSCANT!, the list goes on and on...

I don't know. Killing a main character would allow for a change in story a little. We can pretty much guess what han is going to do.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well I loved NJO so much because as Alpha said, there was actually casualties in the New Republic/Galactic Alliance forces. YOu never knew if they would die or not. That is something new and great abour NJO. It was dark, darker than most SW books. I can only hope they use this new perspective from time to time.

Im actually happy that they killed off a few important charachters. And actually, i hope they kill off a few more, leading to the introduction of new ones. It would be a turn in the right direction, leading to a whoile new chapter in the SW universe.

Im mean honestly, all the normal charachters are getting on in years now. They cant be continuing to do what they did when Zjins and Thrawn were around. Soon, its going to be time for Han and family to retire the Falcon to a museum, and relax the rest of their existance, and let other people worry about the galaxy.

I actually wouldnt mind a series being written about just the imperials for once also. That would be interesting.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I doubt the EU is ending anytime soon. Granted, they are runniong out of storyline to tell, but im sure they can find a way to keep it going for a long long time.

Perhaps a line of books detailing the Imperial Point of view during the Civil War?

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

The post rotj EU will end soon enough. Not in a year or two but give five or six years. Sure there might be lots of stories to tell, but none of them will have the power the first books had.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Maybe not the power, But if they phase it all carefully enough, they can do an 'out with the old, in with the new' thing and keep everybody interested it in.

Think of it like Rogue Squadron. They got rid of wedge, gave him a new role in the backround, and had Gavin running it. That worked out quite well.

True, but can you really replace Luke, Han and Leia? Sure there can be other books to write about the time already past, but how much further forward can they realistically go? How many more foes can they come up with?
Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel

Well, with the Vong defeated, and tghe Remnent allies, short of a massive series coming out of the unknown regions, there isnt many new possibilities really.

But still there, will always be people ready to casue trouble in teh galaxy.

Im pretty sure they can. They just have to be original about it. We have brought up a load of potential enemies for the galaxy.

hell, Maybe even the madalorians could make a return from the grave, and try to get revenge for almost being wiped out.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
hell, Maybe even the madalorians could make a return from the grave, and try to get revenge for almost being wiped out.

Oooo... That would be interesting...

They have had decades already to rebuild. Who says they havent been, somewhere out on the rim?