Why wont this work...please help

Fuzzbutt

ok im tired of the wet squishy sounds of my head banging against the wall. I make no claim about being a computer expert. I buy a game, stick it in the slot, follow the installer instructions and away i go blasting alien scum or stomping Nazis (should be a national past time) Ive got the V0.28 Test that i got off the PC Gamer August 2004 disc. i really dont want to download V0.29 cuase i live out in the boonies and have a coal powered 56K (supposedly) modem. Anyway iv tried following the Readme.txt file, tho it just confused me more than i already was. (i know its just a beta but a simple installer program would be nice). I tired everything that was posted here. If someone could e-mail me or post here presice instructions of how to install this i would forever in your debt. thanks

well i discovered the problem to why i couldnt get it to work..... when entering the Target line i wrote Warlords_V0.29 or whatever when i had version V0.28...... i will now resume making the squishy sounds