Advanced AI

Battleborn

Question

Been about a year since I played. On a whim jumped back to this sight and saw the discussions about improving the AI. So I downloaded and started playing the TC Protectorate. I'm about 200 days into it, and enjoying it very much. I just now noticed that there is a option to turn on an off the advanced AI. The default is 'on', however its a reverse option, meaning the option is, "Disable Advance AI: On/Off". Does this option have an impact? I've already noticed that the AI is more aggressive, but if I turn it off will it get even more so?

If it does I was thinking of starting over to give it a better chance, since at this point I'm prity much kicking it's ass. Well I am only 200 days in so it's really a subjective thing. I may not know that it will win in a week :)

Great work btw on the TC by all of you!

Later

5 answers to this question

:arrow: Thanks :) the rest of the gang is MIA ....so I will take the credits since I am the Protectorate project coordonator.

:arrow: btw did you read the additional storyes especialy the SW vs ST story ?..the one Made by Stellar Magic :)

:arrow: About the AI now ...well let's see you probably have the 2.4 version wich is good . But the AI option is still to random cause is linked to a rebellion option ....anyway if you select off it will be better :) I will consider it just a small push for the AI ...the variables are to big to have a good medium results....so I say continue to play it :)

:arrow: Now the good news is that I have the 2.5 where the AI is twice more agressive than in 2.4 and the new AI option has a better randament ....I just need to be able to reacces the SWR account and upload it

:arrow: You will have an avrege now of rebels assoults starting from day 27 imperial ones from day 58 and Hoth hits window from 80 to 110 day. Also the major pushes from the AI will come around the days 200-300.

:arrow: Imagine how stuned I was when I lost a planet to the rebels in day 25 :? .....I only had time to say :-"What the f.... :x:? ?! 8O "

Anyway we will disscus this more if you want :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I read some of the SW vs. ST stuff. Wasn't working for me so I only got 1/4 of the way through I think. The whole Mara as Janeway was annoying me as was the idea that the Force is just a manipulation of electromagnet forces, so I moved on. It did seem a solid tale, just not what I'm into. I also only glanced at the Protectorate stuff before I decided to just jump into the game. I will be waiting for 2.5 as well as DS's version, you are correct I am playing the 2.4 version. I like a more true to movie/book type of play but am enjoying your Protectorate.

The best moment for me, so far, was when around day 100 I saw an Imp fleet with 2 VSD, 3 ISD, and a SSD. Now that is more like it! The only thing was they didn’t have any troops and only a few Ties’. I would love to see the Imp’s with tons of troops and fighters.

I noticed in RebEd that the Nemesis Al Cruiser has a DC of 1. Shouldn’t that be 10 or something?

As for play, I still don’t use Y-probes. Using Corellian Corvettes I had scouted out all the outer rim sectors with only 4 of them in less than 200 days. I would say consider axing the y-probes and add something else, especially with the now slightly faster ships.

They did send that fleet to Hoth some time around day 100, but I had vacated from there so they left without doing anything (no troops remember). So I started building it up after they left.

O, I did see that Spy program. I will have to give that a spin some time.

O, 1 more thing. When I loaded the TC RebED said the TC had been made with a more recent version of RebED. It still loaded it and didn't complain other than to warn me the TC was made on a more recent version. I have 0.26. Did you modify yours or is there something else going on?

Later

Later

:arrow: The Nemesis should be 1 at DC since he has very fast repair :)

:arrow: The 2.4 will remain standard for the multiplayer since the stats are well balanced for this :)

:arrow: The y-probes and the probes are very important to the AI you will see in the 2.5 I've just only discovered latley how useful are they for the AI....hmmm....I will do some test's without them :)...put them at 200/200 spyng and 200/200 combat .....btw they will not discover "on planet characters" and the human player is not useing them :) anyway the AI will usualy attack (75%) after a succesful probe mission :)

:arrow: The Rebel AI is much better than the imperial one in the 2.4 anyway in the 2.5 I managed to push the Imperial AI at the same level as the rebel one.

:arrow: Btw did you see the new fighters in 3D ?

:arrow: About the RebEd version ...well that is a bug :) I have it also :(

:arrow: The 2.5 is ready..... about the DS's version ...hmmmm...I have no clue when it will be ready .....anyway you could eliminate 2-3 cards and you are in Luca's dimension again :idea::wink: ...

:arrow: Anyway I've tryed very hard to make the Protectorate Lucas Games as much as I can :)

:arrow: ....I suggest that you play Imperials on medium galaxy hard ...and try 2-3 games :)

O, I just noticed that the Advanced AI setting does not save and that I've been play with it off almost the whole time. So each time you load you have to turn it back on.

Also I saw the folder to enable Death Star building. Does it get installed automatically or do I need to self install it?

Thx for the info about the probes. Makes total sence, I just never thought about it.

I did see the fighters and they look cool.

The Protectorate is not all that much of a leap from Lucas and has been fun to play so far. I am nearing a win on my current game, large & hard. I will try the medium hard next with the AI on the whole time.

Later

:arrow: I've disscused the options in AI building new DS in the gen dis forum well I will recomand you to load that card it is not automated ......since it will help the AI . Anyway I've tried a way to rebalance the game if the AI will build a DS and this is the best way that I come with : http://www.swrebellion.com/postt1488.html.

:arrow: With the additional card from 2.4 the AI will build a DS since I've seen him doing so you will chose how to do it :)

:arrow: also in the ptesb you will find new dll.entries ....pics ...etc. Try to see a TIE in status window when he is in hyperdrive :)....now it's shown in hangar :)

:arrow: all the essencial files necesary to be moded to fully incorporate the story have been moded :)