Can sombody help me out?

mbjock17

I have downloaded warlords, but I don't get it a zip file, I only get it as .exe file. Is that is how it is supposed to be or did I screw it up somehow. Because my .big file that gets extracted is WARLORDSV0.29.big only nothing else. Can somone please help me figure out what went wrong?

i had the same problem, all i get out of the mod package is the .big file, no shorcuts, or anything. so, could someone please deatail what exactly should be in the "start in" and "target" boxes of the shorcut? so that someone who didn't get them could recreate them?

i had the same problem, all i get out of the mod package is the .big file, no shorcuts, or anything. so, could someone please deatail what exactly should be in the "start in" and "target" boxes of the shorcut? so that someone who didn't get them could recreate them?

If there is no shortcuts then what is in start in and target does not matter.

Target:"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod HW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_V0.29_TEST.Big -luatrace

Start in;"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release"

Run as "Homeworld2.exe

:cry: it still doesn't work. i put the .big file in the right place, i put the music in, and it stilll doesn't work. from what i have heard in the forums, there should be another gametype int eh skirmish screen. but that doesn't come up for me. :cry:

Ok i got it figured out now. Heres what I did for the .exe:

1.Put the .big file in the Data folder.

2.Right Click on the desktop icon for Homeworld2 and select properties.

3.As the target type: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod WARLORDSV0.29.big -luatrace

4.As the Start in type: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2"

5.Click Apply

6.Double click the icon to run the game and go to Player vs CPU. Click the drop down for game types and it should say Warlords.

Hope that helps

:D:D:D:D yay!!!! thank you kamikaze!!! adn bobandrupurt. uhmm.... for me what finally worked was setting the "target" path as:

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod WARLORDSV0.29.big -luatrace

as kamikaze said.

hmm.... i wonder is anyone else had the same problem?

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think this thread is done. Don't start flaming people.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.