How to make the AI to build Death Stars....

Cain

:arrow: ....without unbalanceing to much the game :)

:arrow: .....well I've done some testing and I've found some interestoing stuff.

:arrow: the simplest way to be sure that the AI will build a DS fast is to set his costs to 1/1 ..yes ! put 2/2 and the AI will build it most of the times to late ...etc.

Its quite strange.....anyway he can build it at a price of a SSD but you will never konw when....it depends how many shypiards he gets at the start....and how fast he can build more.

his first priority is to cover important planets with fighters so until he finishes that he will not build any new big ships includeing a 1/1 DS....but if he gets enough fighters at the start of a game he can build a DS from day 5-6 :roll:

A DS with 1/1 costs will be surley builded until the day 100.....so you save at the day 100 and mod the DS mainte/stats back to 500-600 ...enter the gtame again and load the save game .

I had a DS at the 150/120 builed around day 600....it's quite easy to see since I use the spy AI (traitor) program.

Also I had a strange event when I knew qwhen the AI will buil a DS ..so I loaded before moded the stats to 800/120 costes and the AI was still starting to build the DS at that date (around day 650).....that's quite starnge since the building time was around 1450 days :?8O:wink:

....Anyway I will go for the 1/1 cost/maint setting and at the day 100 put back the costs :) his DS will eat his maint again with 600 points not only 1 :twisted:

...As I said if you put more than 1/1 the DS will by builded but later than 100 days ..... I had a DS at 2/2 and the AI was building first Carrak Cruisers not DSs :?

...he seems to know the class of a ship no matter the costs.....

if you want a fast easy way go for the DS 1/1 stats remoded back 600/600 with RebEd at day 100 :)

Edited by Cain

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

1/1, sounds like a good deal with the best "ship" in the game....I would hate to see the AI get smart, I can imagine it now.

"The Imperial fleet had entered the Yavin system!"

WTH! Death star 31?

:twisted:

Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel

:arrow: ...ohhh I will not worry to much I never see him building more than 2 Death Stars and around day 100 you put back the stats to 600/600 and he will never build again a DS :) trust me ....

:arrow: ..the first importing thing for an AI is the maint/cost and then the build one ....but the maint/cost is many times more important :)

:arrow: I can guarante you that with 1/1 stats until day 100 the AI will build you a maximum of 2 Death Stars :).....

:arrow: ...if you get 3 DS's let me know .....0ne in 15 can be an exception to the rule :)

I should intall RebEd, and lower the cost of everything 1/1, just to see what happans.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

• SWR Staff - Executive
That's interesting. I was never able to get the AI to build a DS. Well it seems you put a lot of thought and energy into this :) Maybe you should have this as part of the FAQ - submit it to Trej

In my experiance playing as the rebels, the surist way to get the AI to build a Death Star is lay off!!! DO NOT HASSLE THE EMPIRE!

Whilst this goes against game logic, it tends to work.

Mix up what i've just said with a healthy dode of Cain's advice and dah!

You can start to panic...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

:arrow: Well guys after the day 100 put back the stats with RebEd to 600/600 from 1/1 to rebalance the game....and then reload the savegame and play.... if you put the DS to an other cost that 1/1 you could be sure that the DS will be build very late .....and jump the 100 day barier ...and you don't want to spy the AI to see when is builded ...with the spy program...cause you will know his moves.

:arrow: About the AI agresivity ........you should see the 2.5 PTESB as I sayd I had rebel assoults on day 27 and imperial ones on 58...... when the version will be up you should study all the stats and see what is healping the AI ....

:arrow: Usualy if you are not prepared around the day's 200-300 the AI will unleash devastateing assoults tring to take you down... usualy this happens 8 out of 10 times ....so you will have to use all your human skills...you will make uprising and take hole systems ....heh in 50 dys the AI will assoult back the planets.....etc.

:arrow: ...well I still need Stratus to explain me how I can reaccess my SWR account so I will be able to upload the 2.5 :).....about the FAQ ...I will support you guys but somewone should correct the spelling.... also I want the SWR admin to see the PTESB since only Mask and La_Forge truly feedback me .... the rest is "very" busy to have 15 minutes to review a TC... :cry: .....500 new pics and my 6 months of work ....

:arrow: ....btw the build DS by AI cost limit seems to be the price of the SSD....

:arrow: also put the DS laser cannons to 160 since the AI will like it more this way .....

:arrow: Welcome to the Forums NIIIC !

:arrow: The Traitor(Spy)Program is in the PTESB TC Download [TC Area]

:arrow: ...btw did any of you guys see that the Imperial Nova Destroyer (ISD III) has special helm control like a trek ship ? He will never turn his back to an enemy but in the last moment do a fast helm maneuver ? ... he is the last ship to exit the battle always keeping side-fire on the enemy :idea: ....and this happens in the Rebellion tactical batle :)

yes your idea seems god, but when you put back the cost of the DS to normal, did it happen to you that the imp destroys it because they haven't got any more maintenance points, like it can happen to me when I want to see up too where the computer can control the number of ships (by the way, if you have more than 1000 fighters, the games slows down) and I put the cost of the SDS at 1/1, and I build 50 of them. And then, by accident I put its cost back to normal, they all get destroyed by the maintenance. :cry:

Do you understand what I mean, because it sees a bit confusing for my self?

:arrow: nope until the day 100 you will have a max of 3 DS with 1/1 or you will have none ...so no maint problems for the AI :).....I understand what you said :wink:

:arrow: Nope.... he will lose ships and get low on maint points. You will be surprised to see him build in the day 1000 Carracks just use the spy program and follow the AI until the day 1000....it will show you the AI strategy on your particular mod :)

:arrow: Don't worry he does not know that on my planet we don't speak basic very often :)

:arrow: Now I see :D You didn't instal my PTESB TC :x:cry: ..so Mad78 didn't recomand it to you to see it :(

:arrow: Mad78... btw I speak Romanian that is made from : 60% latin base, 20% slav base, 10% greck based, 10% new words from french.

:arrow: Also we are not tiganes (gipsi) we are 23 millions and they are 500.000 max ....but very non social and set to steal in EU ..we hate them btw :evil: ... secondary subject closed :wink:

Mad I think you've touched a nerve and Cain didn’t seem to appreciate it, ( I hope our friend Cain isn’t like Romance, they come from the same place :loll: , joking Cain, didn’t want to offence you. Romane comes from Ukraine and it is not the same place, and HE was and IS still a great nuisance to stay polite :x ). Well that is funny, because I was convinced for god knows which reason that you where Australian, like Mad and I. but anyway, could you give me the link to where find your TC, because I would like to try it!

P.S. sorry again, I know that origin questions are quit delicate and must be taken seriously.