Rebellion Fanatic Recruited by US Air Force

Texas_Fett

LOL! Thanks, Jahled!

As of tommorrow, August 13th, I will be incommunicado until mid-November. Thanks for all the fun. Take care, guys!

-TF

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Sorry to see you go for a while Tex! You look out for yourself. I'm going to miss ya mate.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADxHLgU3M*YR!4SbSee3Jbtd7T9yJ0txTvh5gMi4F0p6V8KbEubY1OcIE9uWEWyzHYe7lpWIra5sgAGQYeUl8iVZiwWoS8KU1LJm!F5gSI/shaolin2.gif

Believe in the Force! :wink:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Woa 8O, you mean you were serious with this USAF thingy? :lol:

Take care, bro. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

8O

On second thought, don't do what I'd do.

That and what I wouldn't do. :lol:

The force will be with you.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Thanks yet again, guys. Good luck, God Bless, and May the Force be with Y'all. :wink:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

• 1 month later...

Hi, all.

TF and BBL asked that I pass along their hello's to everyone here. They haven't had a chance to post since they've both been really busy, but it sounds like they're doing well. :)TF is into Week 4 of training now.

-Thumper

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!

Thannks Thumper!

I thought I would give y'all a quick update. TF is doing great. He is now in week 5 of training and about to be upper class. That means he will now actually have tv and movie privledges, so yes the new release of Star Wars is already in the mail to him :D. We will not be able to see him untill November, but that is only 46 days away, (the day the kids and I will get there). He will graduate on the 10th of November and then it looks like we will be on our way to Panama City, FL. I can deal with living on the beach :). I am in the process of moving. We should be closing on our house next week so I will be staying with my folks untill November. I get to talk to TF once a day so that is a saving grace.

Anyhow I hope everyone is doing well. We would love to hear from you. If anyone has anything to pass on to TF let me know, I can print it out and include it in his next letter.

Take care,

BBL

"You came in THAT thing? You're braver than I thought." -Princess Leia

• 2 weeks later...

Air Force's "Star Wars Trainee" Nears End of Initial Training

October 10th, 2004

(AP) Mongomery, Alabama - Mere weeks ago the Air Force announced that they were initiating a test program whereupon a devout fan of the Lucasarts game, Star Wars Rebellion, would undergo officer training. Now past the mid-point of his initial training, Officer Trainee Texas_Fett was given the opportunity to talk to reporters and describe the process up to this point.

"Things have been pretty good," Texas_Fett began, "but I just have to say, my recruiter was a freakin' liar. I had TI's all over my butt from day one. And there's a procedure for just about everything...and I mean everything. I didn't know it was possible to have operational instructions for where to place your silverware both before and after you've used them. And my wife is sure going to be ticked; we have to leave the toilet seat and lid up over here, or else we get demerits."

Despite his wry take on the training environment, Mr. Fett acknowledged that there were some profound leadership studies and offered a few highlights.

"I'm not making this up. We have a 'Quote of the Day' from various Generals and other profound icons of wisdom that has to be memorized in the off chance that one of the commissioned staff will challenge you to repeat it. The quote for Training Day fifteen was 'Do or do not; there is no try' from Yoda. I SO had that one down."

When asked about the difficulties of the Officer Training School regimen, Texas_Fett had several comments.

"Not having access to a computer with internet access for the better part of five weeks sucked, but that has since been remedied. Now that I'm a member of the upper-class, things are definitely looking up. The worst part was not being able to contact my family as much as I wanted to, but that's gotten easier as well. Hey! Can I say 'hi' to 'em? {looks into the camera} Hi, BBL! Luv ya! Hey, Thumper! Hope you're still in one piece! Hey, Mask! WASSABI! Trej, Jahled, Evaders, Scathe, Jin Roh, LaForge...and all the rest, thanks guys!"

Sadly, issues regarding Texas_Fett's training were not included as part of the Presidential or Vice Presidential debates, but clarification from the Pentagon on the issue should be forthcoming. Suffice to say, it appears that Officer Trainee Texas_Fett is adjusting well to Air Force life.

"I just can't wait to log back in to the forums," Texas_Fett said inclosing, "I've gotta catch up on happenings. Anyone know if Rebellion: Reloaded is out yet? Anybody?"

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

What a pleasent surprise for an otherwise drab Sunday evening! Good to hear from you Tex, i'm glad the training is going well, and you haven't started to end your posts with, 'SIR,YES SIR!'

Do show this to your kids (via BBL) and say if the Force is strong with them (which i'm sure it is) they will notice why it's a gif and not a jpg.. but it is very subtle*. I made this afternoon, and had intended to involve a rusty otter, but I couldn't find one on the web. Kids like fluffy things anyway, so here's a good opportunity to dedicate it to them.

Reloaded.. getting there Tex, could have done with your vocal talents (still could) but thing's are beginning to fit together, slowly...

Life without the internet... good lord, the concept is to horrible to contemplate!

Stay safe up there my friend! :)

*If you can't be bothered to suss it out for yourself as the learned father, the Panda's eyes blink after 5 seconds.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I didn't know it was possible to have operational instructions for where to place your silverware both before and after you've used them.

Just as long as there aren't operational instructions for where to place your silverware while you're using them. :lol:

Enjoy the perks of being part of the upper class! (But don't pick on the lower class too much. :wink: )

-Thumper

who is still envious of TF's writing ability :D

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!