The Day After Tomorrow

Guest Scathane

• 2 weeks later...

I finally went and saw the movie today. I found it to be entertaining, even if the science was a little off, there was some scientific fact hidden in there.

I was happy to see another paleontologist inthe movies, even if he was just a paleoclimatologist, lol :wink::lol:

Did anyone who watched the movie notice that Jake G.'s name tag at the Academic meet & great said: Hello my name is Yoda!!!! I thought that was a nice funny touch!

I have also heared that sometime soon there is going to be another polarity reversal in the earths gravity field. It happens once every so many million years, and we are due for another one.

That is such a neat subject. There is a show on the Discovery Channel everynow and then that talks about it, I wish I could remeber the title, very cool though! We are totaly due for another magnetic reversal, but it "may spell doom for our world as we know it" since everything using a magnet will not work anymore (aka: computers, radios, tvs, MICROWAVES!!!, whatever shall we do with out the microwave!!).

Anyway, a very interesting scientific fact that more people should read up on, Its really a cool subject! :D:D:D

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif