Just a thought...

Gleem

Is paella banned on Mon Calamari, do you think? :D
"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

I don't think so. Unless you go to the Calamarian Knowledge Bank to get your food stuff.... But again, how do we know if Paella exists in the GFFA at all?
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane

Well, that's an interesting question... The Mon Calamari are land dwellers, aren't they? They have gills and are, in fact, able to breathe water but they find it unconfortable: they normally breathe air. So, my guess is they're not really fish, although I admit that it's a bit weird that the star wars databank calls them humanoid.

And even if they are fish... We descend from apes, don't we? Yet, in some countries monkey and apes are considered a delicacy. One could even go as far as to argue that we descend from acquatic life forms as well and we eat fish...

Well, that's an interesting question... The Mon Calamari are land dwellers, aren't they? They have gills and are, in fact, able to breathe water but they find it unconfortable: they normally breathe air. So, my guess is they're not really fish, although I admit that it's a bit weird that the star wars databank calls them humanoid.

And even if they are fish... We descend from apes, don't we? Yet, in some countries monkey and apes are considered a delicacy. One could even go as far as to argue that we descend from acquatic life forms as well and we eat fish...

Well maybe, if money in making the film wasn't an issue, they would have shot the scenes with Ackbar under water. I want to see Vader try and board that vessel!!

I agree with you that they are not humanoid, probably more oceanic like the oceanic species in masters of orion 3.

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee