Do tactics make a difference?

Gleem

Question

Do the tactics make a huge difference in this game?

I have heared the best tactic is to take all your ships, concentrate all their firepower onto one ship until it's disabled and then move on to the next one.

So is the frontal assault the only good tactic or are there other tactics then I don't know about maybe?

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

5 answers to this question

:arrow: Depends on the battle :) they are different tactics for different situations ...... from hit and run to full combat mode.

:arrow: Specify the battle situation :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I just let my big ships go in and fight it out. My smaller ships, I sometimes use the tactics with if I don't have many fighters to take out. I will send them out on a left flank attack or right flank attack.

Some ships have better armament and\or shields on different

sides, so you may want to, for example, rush a Mon Cal to the

front to take the hits and then bring a Liberator to fire from behind

its cover...

Sorry for wasting your time and space...

All good advice,

I would add the following two (possibly obvious but this is a newbie forum) peices of advice:

(1) Keep your fighters near your capital ships.

(2) It's better to destroy one ship and let the rest escape into hyperspace than let them all escape slightly damaged. If your opponent starts to retreat, keep firing onto one ship until you are certain it won't be escaping (remember, ships systems repair so even if their engines are broken now, they *can* come back.

Oren

All good advice,

I would add the following two (possibly obvious but this is a newbie forum) peices of advice:

(1) Keep your fighters near your capital ships.

(2) It's better to destroy one ship and let the rest escape into hyperspace than let them all escape slightly damaged. If your opponent starts to retreat, keep firing onto one ship until you are certain it won't be escaping (remember, ships systems repair so even if their engines are broken now, they *can* come back.

Oren

:arrow: Yes this is my strategy also :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -