Question about detection ratings

Soltaris

Question

Hi, I've played SWR quite some time in the single player but this is my first post on these forums :P

My question is: Do units of like kind increase the detection rating? The reason I ask is that it seems that my sabotage attempts are at the same level of success if the alliance has 2 mon calamari regiments or if they have 20 mon calamari regiments on a planet. My theory is that the game takes the highest rating on a single troop, adds that to the highest rating of a single fighter, adds that to the highest ship, etc. I don't believe having multiples of the same item really helps with the detection rating. Am I on the right track?

I've searched the forums and I can't find the answer to my question.

2 answers to this question

I think your on the wrong track and I'll tell you why. I am an Imperial player mostly and I find it a lot easier to get thru 3 sullistan regiments when I am doing sabotage than say 18 sullistan regiments. With a General on the world and 3 sullistans present if I have a main person and say 4 decoys i will probably succeed but with the same General and 18 sullistan regiments there is a good chance half my people will end up in a prison cell. By the way, are you interested in playing multiplayer games? If so whaqt is your msn messenger email, AIM ID and ICQ Number?
Play For Fun......Play To Win......Play With Honor

Thanks for giving me some insight about the question I had :)

Not sure about trying MP out yet. I'd have to come up with a better play style first because the pace would overwhelm me. When I do single player I usually micromanage my planets too much and I often have to do all my moves in very slow mode. For example I don't like to protect too many planets so I concentrate all my production on some planets and use the others just to pull in RP. That way I don't have the expense of putting gen core's and troops on every single planet, and I don't have to worry about the enemy bombarding my troops on unprotected planets. My tactics work great against the computer but I'm not sure I'd have enough time to set this up MP and this part of my strategy might not even be viable MP. Other speed issues would hurt too, like not having the key combos memorized.