Happy Easter

Brass_Bra_Leia

Hello all,

I just thought I would send out a Happy Easter wish :D and ask if and how you were celebrating.

We are going over to church for a sunrise service. Then to my parents tommorow, my mama is cooking fajitas (yumm!) we have a bunch of family coming over, Easter egg hunts, the works. OF course the Easter Bunny is coming tonight for my two boys. We dyed eggs last night for the Easter Bunny to hide (and hopefully my boys to find all of, rotten eggs are so nasty :x). Of course currently, my oldest's asthma is acting up pretty badly and my youngest has croupe :( so who knows what will actually happen tommorow. They are always sick on holidays. Anyhow, I'm sure it will be fun whatever we do.

So what are you doing in your part of the world?

"You came in THAT thing? You're braver than I thought." -Princess Leia

What I do in my part of the world?

Not much actually. Since I didn't have enough to money to go to beach with my friends I wound up at home watching the "holy Week" movies. The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, Quo Vadis, Barrabas... etc...etc...

Other than that there's little else to do.

No one in the family is religious, so no one goes to church. (Only if someones dies actually). The Easter Bunny tradition isn't popular here in Costa Rica, so there aren't egg hunts. The church does organize "processions", which are like dramatizations of the last hours of Christ. So Easter here is pretty boring holiday...

Anyway, Happy Easter! To anyone who actually celebrates it.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Hello everyone, Happy Easter to everyone that celebrates it. Hey Trej, im back, you can start imsulting me as soon as possible. :)
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

I'm actually quite religious, but not to a point that would get me that early out of bed, cause I always have to do that during the week :(

Easter has a big tradition here, since most people in my country are christians, but since I'm nearly your husband's age I haven't seen the easter bunny for many years now. Maybe the mirror will show it again in a few years, but that's still in the future :wink:

So far I'm content with sending a Disney Dvd to my little niece and stockpiling the rest for when she comes again to visit and does her famous Speedy-Gonzales-you-can't-catch-me thingy :roll:

How I've spent the day ? Well, I've been working on fixing one thing and almost finished converting three other things for the community here, that will be released either tomorrow or on Tuesday :D

And also a bit on backing up the downloads of last year on dvd. Gee, these XWA models and animated gifs of Jahled sure take a lot of space :lol:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

The Easter Bunny tradition isn't popular here in Costa Rica, so there aren't egg hunts.

No Easter Bunny 8O I don't quite get the idea of the Easter bunny and Santa, we lie to our kids for years to watch the little faces light up with joy at the magic of it all, then we crush their world be revealing the truth. I still remember the first time I found out "the truth" about Santa and the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. It broke my heart. It truly stands out in my memory like when the Challenger exploded and many other BIG moments. I think I pushed to do it with my children because I wanted to re-live that feeling of magic again. I swear I will find a way to explain it all without breaking their hearts though.

The church does organize "processions", which are like dra matizations of the last hours of Christ.

We have a big passion procession in downtown San Antonio but I have never gone to it. It looks fascinating though.

I know that no one ever told me that Santa (El niño) didn't exist, I figured that out by myself. I don't think that little kids need to be told that there isn't Santa, nor the Easter Bunny nor the Tooth Fairy, they all figure out by themselves, other kids in school/kindergarten may tell them. But the truth is that if the parents don't tell them, they partly grow to believe that in some way Santa/El niño/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy/whatever does exist.

From a religious person's point of view the Processions might be fascinating, I can't say I like them nor can't I say I dislike them. I haven't made the experience.

Actually today is a holiday in Costa Rica that happened to coincide with Easter (Yay a Double-Holiday Combo, how come those never occur in weekdays). 11th April is the commemoration of the Battle at Rivas, where the Costa Rican army (back in 1856) defeated the U.S. American troops.

:arrow: Well ....I'm glad everyone is happy :D

:arrow: About religion....lolll.....I am actualy almost a priest (ortodox one ) (like in Russia or Grece).....I only have to get married .... :cry: It is standard here :wink::arrow: not celibat like in the vatican church ..... anyway I have all the studies ...... hmmmm change of subject..

:arrow: Leia pls see that Texas Fett is not eating to much in this vacantion ....last battle we had problems with this armor ..... to small now :( For Texas Fett diet ! :twisted::wink:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

:arrow: About religion....lolll.....I am actualy almost a priest (ortodox one ) (like in Russia or Grece).....I only have to get married .... :cry: It is standard here :wink::arrow: not celibat like in the vatican church ..... anyway I have all the studies ...... hmmmm change of subject..

Really! I was raised Catholic and one of the big discussions, at least on a local level, they have been having is weather they should change that celbiacy rule. Don't think it will happen, not for a while, but it discourages so many people from going into the preisthood, nunhood (that cant' be the right word) for that matter also.

Where are you from btw?

:arrow: Leia pls see that Texas Fett is not eating to much in this vacantion ....last battle we had problems with this armor ..... to small now :( For Texas Fett diet ! :twisted::wink:

:lol: That has been quite a problem lately hasn't it. They just don't make armor big enough

Happy Easter everyone! For your veiwing pleasure.......

http://www.ilovebacon.com/040904/a.shtml

http://www.ilovebacon.com/040904/c.shtml

I slept in, no easter bunny visit for me, went to a friends house fro bruncha nd spent the rest of the day trying to find Cadbury Cream Eggs (Very hard thing to do!!)!

The night before easter I went to a friends house to dye eggs. It was fun till I droped one and we discovered that they wen't boiled all the way though, lol. Pretty funny :P:lol:

I hope everyone else had a good day :D

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

You're an orthodox priest that has become part of the Collective and enjoys killing Jedi... I'm not sure I'd let anyone come close to your church... :lol::lol::lol:

:arrow: That info was only for friends ...btw I was planing to delete it but now you guys had to quote it :cry: ...don't worry .... i am an exception....btw I was away for a wile so I will replay soon to all PM's...

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -