Bugs and Gameplay issues

EvilleJedi

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, is it just me . . . or can't anyone else find either the Bulwark or Strident to build for the Alliance?

I've built a cruiser shipyard, and have no build limitations or research going, and neither ship appears in the cruiser shipyard list - just the Mediator (the description doesn't work) and MC-80 Mon Remonda.

So, I think it's safe to say that they can't be built - and I'm guessing it's a bug because they're on the shiplist as done :?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

• SWR Staff - Executive

for sound you should end up with c:\homeworld2\data\sound\music\swmusic\battle etc

bulwark and strident are not in this version, bulwark because of a crash bug and the strident because it didn't have any weapons.

Another resourcing problem. Sometimes, when I have around 100000ru and I have a few ships/research qued up when one finishes the next one will not start. The announcer voice says that I have insufficent resources, but I still have around 100000. If I cancel the reserch/build, I drop to 0ru suddenly, and if I have to cancel multiple things, it drops me to about

-10000000ru. This can realy mess up the game.

-Zabaron

The Nebula class Star Destroyer for the Alliance, isn't a Nebula. The stats for a Nebula follow along the same lines as a DSD (as in a DSD vs. an ISD mk II) though for a ISD mk I. To my knolledge, though, there aren't any official stats for the Nebula - personally, I've always used these stats: same armour as the DSD, shields that are a little weaker (4D+2 instead of 5) and the following weapons: 60 Turbolasers (6D), 20 laser cannons (5D), 20 ion cannons (4D) and 8 Concussion missile launchers (9D) . . . though that's only my personal design :wink:

The modified DSD with Gravity Well generators is called a Rejuvenator class Star Destroyer - which was a new Star Destroyer design made during the NJO peroid, mentioned in The Unifying Force based off the flaws discovered with the ISD mk II Rejuvenator which was destroyed by a mass swarm of Corral Skippers - which would explain the addition of 20 laser cannons onto your design instead of more turbo or heavy turbo lasers.

Master Zeb...i have encountered the same problem. In the middle of a fight when i need reinforcements i cant get any because im like -10567894ru and it totally fks me over. I hate it when the game does that/

The only problem I have is whenever there is a lot of units on screen it shrinks down to like 1 fps or something like that. It shouldn't do that though because I have 1 gig ddr ram and a geforce 4 fx 5700.

I'm new to the forums, but I was wondering if the Bulwark that is going to be back in the game going to be the old .29 version (looks like a collection of containers) or the one from SW:Rebellion as there seems to be a model for a Bulwark Cruiser in the WIP image pages.

yeah there was a crash bug involving the bulwark cruiser so it had to be taken out. Ironicaly though i never seemed to get crashes all that often (1 in about 15 games) and now that its gone i seem to get quite a few crashes.......though that could be down to a certain shitty pair of ati catalyst drivers.

Jacen Solo: "What happened to the war?"

Pellaeon: "It went away."

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my other problem got fixed, I turned off anti-aliasing and it works fine now. Now the only bug I can see that is really obvious is that the ship descriptions are messed up. Some of them can't be read because have the letters are missing. But besides that it all looks great.

Ok, nevermind. When I changed my resolution to 1240x1080 or whatever it is, the one right above 800x600 and all the descriptions where fine.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to share some things ive found with the latest version. The new mod is great. I like it a lot.

First of all, as for the price hikes, they definately help the Alliance, and were needed. It is a tremendous investment just for an ISDI now, which it should be. Ive found myself using fighters and corvettes a lot more now until i get enough income to afford one of my lovely SSDs, which before, I really didnt need to do. Gives me a lot more challenge now. One thing I dont agree with is the time it takes now to build capital ships. The build time was right before I think, but not the price. Now the price is right, and the build time is wrong. It shouldnt take 15 minutes to build an SSD. By then, I become somewhat bored waiting on my ships to pop out of thier shipyards. It took me about 5 minutes to build an ISD3, and an ISDI was about 4 minutes. A piddly Allegience is about 10 minutes I think. Lot of good things and bad things happened with the last patch. Most of which I like. I have some cheeper cruisers to play with, and they look cool and are very good against fighters. Also liked the world devastater unit. Kinda neato. The torpedo sphere is bugged though. When it launches its torpedoes, the game crashes every time. The research tech tree is better now in ways now also, but i dont like the time it takes to research everything. To just start building an Execeter, i have to play for about an hour so I been turning research off. Another thing I like is the expanded unit descriptions... what I dont like about them is that they are so long now, they are cut off before it tells what the ship is good at, which on a lot of ships, i need the information. Oh, and the hyperspacing is glitchy now. Often times i cant get my ships to hyperspace.... like they dont want to or something. Had plenty of resources to do it.... hmm.

Thats all for my 2 cents. As far as the build and research times, so as not to ruin it for people who really enjoy it, maybe would it be possible to make a build/research time multiplyer? In multiplayer I like it how it is, but against the computer, there are just times i want a fast forward button.

All the same, still the most wonderful mod ive ever seen, and it does keep getting better. Wonderful job to everyone involved in its creation.

Lina

First of all, this Mod looks amazing, I can't wait to get it working. Here's the deal. I haven't been able to get a multiplayer game going, so I've only tried playing with Single Player vs PC.

I installed Homeworld 2 fresh.

I downloaded and installed the 1.1 patch.

I downloaded and installed the v.30 Test application (118 megs)

I get the pictures of the Star Destroyer loading screen, I can choose from Empire or Alliance factions. The game either crashes with no error log during the loading screen or after I try to zoom while I'm in the game.

Thoughts?

With this new patch I've just started experiencing a glitch. I can play one game, but if I try to exit that game before victory, it freezes. Also, if I try to play a second game, it freezes while loading. It doesn't crash, just freezes.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Is anybody else having issues with the computer AI in the new patch? For instance, when I'm the Alliance vs. an expert or hard computer, the computer barely builds anything. On Expert, 10 minutes into the match, all it has built are 6 tie fighter squadrons. On Hard it made a little more progress, to having 3 fighter factories, but only 5 tie squadrons. I'm...a little stumped, does anybody know what's going on?

Is anybody else having issues with the computer AI in the new patch? For instance, when I'm the Alliance vs. an expert or hard computer, the computer barely builds anything. On Expert, 10 minutes into the match, all it has built are 6 tie fighter squadrons. On Hard it made a little more progress, to having 3 fighter factories, but only 5 tie squadrons. I'm...a little stumped, does anybody know what's going on?

It's possible that they AI is building a cruiser shipyard - at 25k, they're not the quickest things to build. Then again, it could be a bug - though it hasn't happened for me :?

Well for some reason, for me, whenever I set the computer to Empire, they don't even upgrade their fighters. They build all tie fighters for about...the most I've seen it was 10 squads to come attack me like it normally does. But I notice that it does not build anymore reinforcements like I'm use to the AI doing. Then, after I kill off those fighters, I could destroy an Expert computer within 5 minutes of the game. And no, unfortunately, I'm just not that good.

However, The Alliance AI seems alright....other than the fact they build a lot slower then I thought they did. I had to hold off from building my armada for about 3-5 minutes just so I would have a challenge later on. But now it seems it's building alright...I still say it's slower than it normally builds though. I've tried changing around a lot of settings, changing the maps, even reinstalling the patch. Perhaps I just need to reinstall the whole game alltogether, I don't know.

-Help

I find that playing without research makes the AI work better. Since I find doing all of the research monotonous, it also makes the game more enjoyable.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

this is true, but I'm still concerned with the Empire not being able to build anything after like 8 tie squads, I'm not joking when I say it just stops completely. They still collect resources, they still have 3 fighter factories, just nothing is spewing out. Just kinda curious...is anybody else having this problem?

I think the empire not building anything comes from a resource bug. Sometimes ships will stop building compleatly and you will drop to 0ru if you try to cancel them. So the AI does not know to cancel it's building so it just waits and nothing ever builds. I have only found this bug when playing as Empire, so I don't think the rebels are affected. Also, playing with large frequent resource injections seems to make the AI more agressive.

-MasterZab

Actually it's a problem with one of the scripts. Basically, a few typos. I'm sure Eville can get it working soon, but if you really want to fight the Empire, you might check out the thread further down called "Warlords 0.30 Patch 1 - Temporary Fixes."

-Greven