Reb Ed Question

StarlightCoast

Ok i guess I am a traditionalist and have not done the reb ed thing yet but I do have a question. As I'm sure we all know the AI is stupid. they assault planets with small fleets and playing against the AI it is quite easy to turn almost the entire core your way because of this insanity. Also the AI will not fire on a LNR even if they have a hundred ships so my question is this. Does Reb Ed do anything to make the AI play smarter? I may be wrong but unless theres something that makes it play smarter it still will be an easy win vs the computer. All comments are welcome by Reb Ed users. Does reb ed make it harder to win or not and what must be done (if anything can be done) when using reb ed to make the comp not only hard to beat but gives it the ability to win a few games.
Play For Fun......Play To Win......Play With Honor

• SWR Staff - Executive
Does Reb Ed do anything to make the AI play smarter? I may be wrong but unless theres something that makes it play smarter it still will be an easy win vs the computer.

Simple answer is no. However, you can give the computer more advantages (lower costs, etc) and it will be a harder game.

So far, I've found that giving the computer a 1000 day "head start" works well for a tougher game. As well, a comple more Jedi to fight against is fun too.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Try the last two downloads in the TC area....They are designed to make the game harder the AI more agressive and still be balanced :)

Edit* The AI is using now Dark Troopers only in assaults not garrisons ....and so he stops eating your maintenance points....and much more ....just see them :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• 3 months later...

The TC's look interesting but ive spent so much time putting in charaters and stuff that i like i wanna play with them. Is there any way to make it harder in a normal game?

Do you just leave it running for 1000 days? What does it look like after that? Surely all your people on yavin are dead or captured.

:arrow: You mean the PTESB 2.4 ?....well the 2.5 is hard enough but not up for download.... in the 2.4 i recomand to play imperials :)

No i havent used PTESB 2.4, but i think i know what it is. I just loaded loads of cards and altered them to suit me. I was just waondering what other changes i could make to MY mod to make it more challenging and the AI work better.

:arrow: About the AI ...huhhh long story ...you will have to wait for the PTESB 2.5 to see what is required to be done...I've just finished my R&D in the Rebellion AI.....

:arrow: Until then you could use the Mod Tools from the PTESB to see how the AI is playng, building etc. I don't recomand moding cards by human imagination since you will greatly confuse the AI ....anyway if you manage the Rebels to attack by day 27 and Imperials 58 also make them to hit Hoth around day 90 ..you are on the right track :idea::wink:

None that I know of, but there's a ST Vs SW mod for Star Trek Armada 2 here.

On page 2 they got the music pack for it. I dunno, how it is, but maybe you can tell us :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

There are some ST cards up for download, but I think most TC makers have been avoiding the ST universe. Other than that, there isn't a TC.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.