Trouble with Rebellion Multiplayer

spl3001

My friend and I wish to play Rebellion. We are having problems.

They are as follows:

I set up a game with TCP/IP

He logs in with my IP

Can see my game, its in red, cant click on it or anything

He has Windows XP, I have windows 2000

Sometimes his computer tells him he has 60 seconds before it

restarts

He hosts a game

I log in with his IP

I dont see anything

No crashes

Any explanations? We've tried GameSpy and it says it cant load the game

• SWR Staff - Executive

Ok... let's assume:

a) You both are using the Rebellion updated version

b) You don't have any firewall blocking, etc

c) You both aren't behind a proxy server

The best thing is to try the Zone and see whether you can connect. As I suspect it is one of the former:

a) Download from our website

b) Disable any firewall programs (including XP's built in)

c) If one of you is behind a proxy, he must connect to the computer without a proxy. Otherwise, it is up to a server (Zone? Gamespy?) to pass data to both of you (you both connect to the server). I don't know if any service does this with Rebellion.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

:D I know that I played Win'98 with Win'2000 usually if you want a quick answer try with windows '98...anyway if you manage to do it let me know.....I'm hunting down Evaders for a game and I need to know also how to play without problems...

Anyway.... :lol: - Evadersssss...Ooooo...Evadressss ! Come out, come out wherever you are !?

:twisted:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

If he can see the game name in red then he has to click the arrow at the bottom of the screen. I believe thats all he needs to do. Both of you should get MSN Messenger for you can play using that service.
Play For Fun......Play To Win......Play With Honor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a player who plays the same time as I do. We spoke on the phone and tried to use the TCP/IP Direct Play method over the internet to connect.

When he set up the game I could not connect to him. I got as far as the screen where I should type in my name, but the field below that where his game should have been was just empty.

When I set up the game he had the same problem. The game field was empty and he could not connect to me. We both double checked our IP addresses, and they were both correct.

We both have the 1.01 Patch installed on our games, so the different language versions should not be a problem (he plays the German version, I play the US English version).

He has played this game against other players before, so I am going to assume it is a problem on my end.

I have a DSL Router in my apartment, where 4 people can surf the net from one DSL connection. Does the DSL router act as a proxy server? My connection the DSL Router is not even via a LAN cable, it is with the USB cable to the router. I thought the router always acted as an addition hop into the internet to my Internet Serviuce Provider.

How can I solve this problem guys? Any ideas or solutions would be most welcome!

Uthrac

• SWR Staff - Executive

Yes, your router is the problem. It acts as its own IP, thus you cannot be the server.

If he tries to connect to you, it won't work. But you should be able to connect to him (if he's not behind a proxy also)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thank you for the fast reply

I also thought I should be able to connect to him, but neither way worked. Would you be willing to try and connect with me and see if I can do it with you at least?

If so, here is my ICQ 160980696, please add me and we can try, I would really appreciate it :-)

Uthrac

Mahler and I had the SAME problem too :-(

We both chose the TCP/IP Internet Connection

I gave him my internal and external IP adress

I started the game

He tried ot connect to it

No game appeared in his list

He only had one IP address to give me.

He set up the game

I typped in his IP and tried to connect

No game appeared in the list.

We both have version 1.01 installed.

We both have T-DSL, which seems to build a proxxy between us and our T-ISDN ISP.

Anybody know how to solve this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I have some bad news for me I guess :-(

Star Wars Rebellion is an older game and was not programmed with the complexity in mind needed for navigating the date stream of multiplayer games over a proxy server, such as that made with a DSL Router. In a nutshell my online SWR chances are none and will have to wait until I move or get a new internet access.

Many thanks go to LeBarronn /Starlight Coast for all the help and patience as we tried to overcome this problem. Good luck and enjoy playing, I will be a late comer someday :-)

Uthrac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I have a different problem when I try to play swr on multiplayer. When the two of us connect, we can't see any games, we just see an empty black square. Has any one got any hint for us :?::?::?::?::?::?: