Modifiying Galaxy map

Ilsant

Question

Hi again, I was wondering if there is some way of modify the galaxy map so that I can add alderaan (destroyed, I can't see that option in RebEd) or if I can change de affiliation of a planet (can't see that option neither)

Thanks for your yes or no!

3 answers to this question

yes.

and no.

Ok, you probably want more than that. You can add alderaan only by going to the galaxy map editor (upper left hand of RebEd) and selecting "system."

This allows you to edit systems. Now you can click on individual planets and change their names and pictures (and there is a "rubble" option).

However, I do not know if your rubble planet will be treated any differently. I fear you'll end up with rubble that has people and factories on it...

Also, you cannot change a planet's side or even select what planets the empire will get and what the rebels will get.

Which is REALLY REALLY REALLY too bad. Because I dunno about you, but I expected a sea of green with a few rebel planets (Mon Cal, etc.) and maybe a scattering of bases on the outer rim.

Wish wish wish we could edit the starting planets. Oh well.

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D

i've looked at some of the total conversions. apparently there is a way to change some of those things. i hope all of that wisdom is shared with us at some point. i've been fooling around with rebed, and its great, but i'd love to learn how to make a total conversion of my own. i'm new, if there's any way i can help in the development of newer rebed versions and testing of things for anybody, let me know. hopefully i'll pick up some know-how into developing my own TCs in the future. you guys do great work, i think your TCs are great, i just have so many ideas about how i'd like to start off a new game myself that i'd love to learn how to do that and help you guys out as well. :)