Special Forces/Troop Overviews

Zag Fel

Uhm... you know what I'm talking about. The helmet of the stormtrooper you click on to see what troops of what kind you have where...

Anyhow, it always pissed me off how whenever I used RebEd it never changed the icons in the troops overview. I could change a Noghri to a Royal Guardsman and yet it would still show the Noghri icon in that section. How do you change that? Am I making any sense at all?

You mean you change the Noghri to the Royal Guardsman and you don't see the change in the game, with the icon of the spec-force unit, or do you want to change something in the GUI ? If you mean the first : I sometimes had problems with importing some cards into a game that had already started. You can try opening a new game and see if your new card displays correctly now.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

To follow up on what the mask said, there are three pictures for each card. If the card maker didn't change all three then that could be the problem. I can't remember how off the top of my head, but you can see the three images in RebEd.

Good luck.

Okey, let's see if I can explain this better. You're in the GUI. You have changed the Noghri to a Royal Guardsman. All three icons have been changed. You click on the computer console at the bottom of the interface which brings up a page with a list of all the special forces units on all systems in the game. The noghri icon still hasn't changed.

Yeah, the GUI must generate the icons from the DLL's, because in the liust it only includes the units that you have.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 5 months later...
I understand what you mean. I’m developing a mod right now that will change those, but I’m new at this. This is in fact my first post in this forum, but I’ve started a mod and my special kind of crazy dictates that I must carry through on the stupidest, most insignificant details. If you want to take your own hack at it, the bitmaps are in folders 10538-10541 of the strategy.dll file. They were tough to find because I was looking for the icons from the unit locator screens, but they are actually integrated into the big bitmaps of the whole screens.