Ships missing in the Empire faction

Tarkus

"It's not really a bug, I've extensively played only the Empire faction so far and many ships are missing. Some Republic ships are used by the Empire too. The Acclamator, the Victory SD and the Vindicator for example, are famous Empire ships and yet they are lacking in the Empire faction." In Star Wars Empire at War, and in the other mod Star Wars: Requiem, those ships are present. "4 Star Destroyers have the same 3D model... I know you know that already, but they should differ a little bit at least. I've searched on the web, and there's no big difference, but at least make each mode smaller or bigger, it would help. Also, the Imperator I SD and the Imperial II SD should not be listed into cruiser tab (or should not be listed at all), as they are capital ships and not really cruisers. In the game they actually behave like a bit less powerful capital ships, not like cruisers."

That's a report I've made on mantis, maybe it's better to post it here if someone wants to discuss it.

These aren't missing, they are purposely not in the Empire faction. This was done in order to give the Republic and Empire some difference in units. When it comes to ISD models, the ISD line all did look the same canonly speaking, so I fail to see the issue here. As for cruisers, there are capital and cruiser variants of several ships, the ISD line included.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

I know they aren't there on purpose, but they should be, they are actual Empire ships.

For cruisers, then it would be nice to make them smaller, or make capital ships bigger, just to distinguish them. I've never played the New Alliance faction so far, so I can't actually say if SD cruisers are too strong and would benefit an "adjustment" for the game balance.

Though, as I said, the Acclamator, the Victory SD and the Vindicator should still be in the Empire faction. It's like playing the Republic without the Venator, or the New Alliance without some Mon Calamari cruisers.

The Acclamator has had little presence in Empire literature besides EaW (which is a joke and useless POS which is ignorable at best) and some comics. The Vindicator has had only two major appearances period, with one of them being one of the Battlefront games. I absolutely fail to see why these two ships are essential to the Empire. As for the Victory SD, the Empire doesn't need it, from a gameplay perspective, and it gives the factions more variety. As such, the answer to the inclusion of these ships into the Empire is a resounding no, and will not be changed.

Those 4 SDs still look the same all the time, there's no difference between them, all the Star Destroyers look the same, it's like playing with the same ship type while they are actually 4. Having different SDs models will bring more variety, just because one ship is included in a faction it doesn't mean it shouldn't be included in another one. Empire and Republic have a lot of different ships anyway and will still be different with 3 common ships...

Those 4 SDs still look the same all the time, there's no difference between them, all the Star Destroyers look the same, it's like playing with the same ship type while they are actually 4. Having different SDs models will bring more variety, just because one ship is included in a faction it doesn't mean it shouldn't be included in another one. Empire and Republic have a lot of different ships anyway and will still be different with 3 common ships...

We don't have a model for the Tector, and the ISD I/II do look the same canonly speaking. The ISD Command really is just an ISD II with a commander/admiral, and as such shouldn't have a different model.

http://unity.swrpgs.net/holonet/images/thumb/6/6d/ISD2.jpg/225px-ISD2.jpg

That's the Tector. EDIT: Not that much of a difference, it just looks more narrow.

I didn't say change the models in the last post, I said get other Star Destroyers to have more variety. Also, it would be nice to make capital SDs bigger or cruiser SDs smaller to differ them.

I know what the Tector looks like, thanks.

How can you have more variety in models when you have explicitly said you aren't for changing models? This makes little sense in regards to Sins as ships move in three dimensions. With an overhead view, two ships of the different sizes but virtually identical models can appear to be the exact same thing, even if they aren't.

Yeah I know that you know how it looks like... Would be cool if someone started modeling it. Honestly, if someone explains me how to start making 3d stuff I'd do it myself, I suppose that's quite a lot to speak of though.

You still don't get the point of this. I said change models but you said those SDs look the same anyway, so you can't edit them, so I said make them smaller/bigger to have some little difference between them at least, I also said get Acclamator, Victory and Vindicator to have more Star Destroyers models and variety, but you said you won't make them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a CIS fanboy and I think his point has some validity, I personally hate trying to distinguish my providence capital ship to cruiser prvidence ships (close up and far out) can we modify them a bit? Not sure about the empire but we give the capital Providence some warpaint or something like that? Better yet transform it slightly to look like some of the modified versions of the providence ships

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_(dreadnaught)

If you want to do the models and textures and submit it then go right ahead.

This really. Even just a skin would do the trick, that's probably better as resizing isn't hard to do, but it is certainly out of the question. There are far more pressing modeling issues than making capital ships and cruisers distinguishable, such as getting proper Y-Wing and Eta-2 models, or better yet, getting models for an NR frigate fleet.

By models, we mean Sins compatible ones. Those ones that you have linked are absolutely useless to me, besides, we are already waiting on a Y-Wing model. I also am personally attempting to figure out how to properly create null points for models in Softimage; this is the last step I need in order to convert SW:EaW models to Sins. I've been working with others on this endeavor, and thus far one model is successfully functioning ingame. Don't expect anything instantly, though this may indeed be of great use once I have mastered it.

By models, we mean Sins compatible ones. Those ones that you have linked are absolutely useless to me, besides, we are already waiting on a Y-Wing model. I also am personally attempting to figure out how to properly create null points for models in Softimage; this is the last step I need in order to convert SW:EaW models to Sins. I've been working with others on this endeavor, and thus far one model is successfully functioning ingame. Don't expect anything instantly, though this may indeed be of great use once I have mastered it.

Hey easy, I don't know enough about Sins to know which ones are compatible with wich. I always tought that If you do have 3ds max, you can basically take any model and make it compatible with any engine. Never tried-it myself, but it seems to me it would be less useless than starting from scratch :oops:

Hey easy, I don't know enough about Sins to know which ones are compatible with wich. I always tought that If you do have 3ds max, you can basically take any model and make it compatible with any engine. Never tried-it myself, but it seems to me it would be less useless than starting from scratch :oops:

You need more than only 3ds. ;) As I said, I'm working on doing just that.

You need more than only 3ds. ;) As I said, I'm working on doing just that.

imo its a proper pain in the backside to do, once gave it a try doing a tie efender model, using a different one and chnaging it over but nothing worked out crrectly. I D/L some software soemthing or another max if I remember right. The model looked good in it but was not the correct proportions or values for sins.

The other max you are speaking about is Gmax. And for your information, a lot of the new models in Rebellion came from XWA Uprade project, the size being redone and all by TheMask.

Goog that you are working on that, at least for EaW, Lavo, even though I believe the XWA models to be more accurate than EaW's, unless you found some fan made EaW models that are accurate?

Goog that you are working on that, at least for EaW, Lavo, even though I believe the XWA models to be more accurate than EaW's, unless you found some fan made EaW models that are accurate?

I am using some older Warlords (EJ) models. I may use EaW's Lambda in the future however, as the Empire's envoy ship, as that is working and ingame.