Sins of a Galactic Empire Initial Release

Stratus

hi!

Congrats for the MOD, i really enjoy it. I bought the game only for the MOD ,)  (I am from austria, actually there is no release of the game)

There is a very great potential for enhancing it.

Maybe there will be a patch because of the balancing? One star destr. and no one can stop me ,)

And is a developing of a rebel side in progress?

Have a nice day!

Gorefiend

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes u have to update your SOSE, then the MOD option apears in the menu in the game. That was also the reason why i didnt worked on my PC. then copy the SOGE in the directory explained on the first page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive
Well there isn't too much to talk about. Just have to be patient, this mod isn't Eville's first job

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

hello everybody,

i've got a little problem. i ply sins in german. i downloaded your mod but it doesn't work. i can choose 4 different races. the 3 nomal races and the 4th one have the name: " string not found "

i think the 4th race is the imperium from sw right? when i start a new game with this race the game crashes.

what can i do?

i startet the game with the developer exe and when i start a new game this error is on the screen:

Failed to find StringID: 'IDS_PLAYERRACENAME_EMPIRE'.  NOTE: Any following StringID failures will be supressed.

Edited by Harlok

• SWR Staff - Executive

I think Eville only as the English version. As such, the mod isn't localized to any other languages.

Feel free to volunteer to do the work if you want it in your language :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

thats a good idea  ;D

but i don't know how  ;)

i think the easiest why is to chance the language of the game. but this ist difficult. i'm searching but i didn't find a way to chance the language.

but i have a qustion.

what is in your registry? for example in the german registy: language reg_dword 0x00000407

this is the code for geman. but what is the code for english?

GOT IT!!!

for everyone who has not the english version!

you have to chance the English.str in the String folder into the language of your game.

i change it to German.str

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have the same problem as harlok or whatever but its not about the language. There 'are' 4 races and the empire is known as "string not found" and I build a frigate and capital factory but when I click the capital factory and then the capital icon it crashes. and it talks about the minidump and gives me the path to that file.

I dont know how to fix it. I could use some help.

Nope no other mods are in but I got it to show up in the mods directory and extracted the files thanks to some help on a different forum just it doesn't work when I enable it. So thanks to that I just tried placing the files in the program files data of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is ace I've been looking for a star wars mod for sins for quite a while stars wars empire at war is really good but doesn't really have as much depth as sins. only 1 problem with it so far, but thats probably because I haven't installed it properly somewhere a long the line, but a few suggestions:

Most of the capital ships haven't got upgrades on them except i think its the star destroyer 1, adding them would be a big improvement. 

Add a read me in the final version saying what is built where and what has been added.

The only problem I had was that there is two medium maps on the game, I'm not sure if this was already on the game but on the image their called, Ancient Gifts and Back Stab, they both have 'String Not Found' on the name of the map and the description.

Plus is the Executor SSD available in this test version, if so where is it built?

Can someone post a link showing the page where I can find all the information on what this mod adds to the game! Thanks

Great Mod!

After a few hours playing the mod yesterday, there was still smooth play and no problems with the mod and the game ran fine.

Although, when the empire's ships hyperspace there is no animation like the other races in the game they just go a bit faster. They do not show the dart like light around the ship when in hyperspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. EvilleJedi, i have invested countless hours in your warlords mod for hw2 from its betas to its latest release and  you have my deepest thanks for making a starwars mod which respects the scale of starships and their extensive detail. i remember trying to play empire at war and just getting rid of it almost as soon as i got it.  that being said, i have sins installed on my computer (vista business 32), it is patched to 1.05,. and for some reason, i when i go to c:/users/(name)/appdata.... well i dont get further than my username because the appdata folder simply doesnt show up... i wonder if anyone else has had this problem installing the mod, any responses would be immensely appreciated being that im doine with summerschool in 12 hours and have six days to relax till fall semester starts  :-\

-skewmarr

Edited by skewmarr

Hello. EvilleJedi, i have invested countless hours in your warlords mod for hw2 from its betas to its latest release and  you have my deepest thanks for making a starwars mod which respects the scale of starships and their extensive detail. i remember trying to play empire at war and just getting rid of it almost as soon as i got it.  that being said, i have sins installed on my computer (vista business 32), it is patched to 1.05,. and for some reason, i when i go to c:/users/(name)/appdata.... well i dont get further than my username because the appdata folder simply doesnt show up... i wonder if anyone else has had this problem installing the mod, any responses would be immensely appreciated being that im doine with summerschool in 12 hours and have six days to relax till fall semester starts  :-\

-skewmarr

Your appdata folder might be listed as hidden, i know it was on my comp, just go into folder options and go to the view tab, and click show hidden, if its still not there I'm not sure what to do from that point. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, I installed this and enabled it under the mods option in-game.  But when I go to play a single player game all I can choose are TEC, Vasari and Advent.  I can't seem to figure out how to make this work so I can play it?