Prison

Ric

When i play the imperial side i usually make Kessel my prison planet.

I do this becaus in one of the pocket books this is the place where the empire kept there prisoners.

I defend the planet whit 4 star destroyer and interdictor, 24 T-Def. and Daala as Admiral. and on the planet 1 Ion cannon, 2 Laser II, and 2 Shield II. and some troops.[/b]

R2D2 Where are You.

Well, Rick as a fellow dutchman I'll will have to tell to you that the storyline in the game is different from the movies and the expanded universe.

The defenses on Kessel are very good, the interdictor is a good idea to whipe out the attacking fleets, but you've got to tell me one thing how the F*ck do you manage to move your prisoners! I am trying but it never works...

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

but you've got to tell me one thing how the F*ck do you manage to move your prisoners! I am trying but it never works...

You have to send a character or spec forces unit with them. Highlight the prisoners and your guard and move them like any of your units. It *is* in the manual ... :wink:

Here goes nothing! - Lando

Boshek is right.

My advise is to use the spec. forces. then you can still use your characters for missions.

And yes I know the storyline is deferent. But sometimes I like to coppy the storyline.

R2D2 Where are You.

I think you are wasting many resources to potect your prison planet. Is better to put 5 gencores II and 1 or 2 LSR2 and 15 stormtroopers with Daala or another good character as general. With this defense this planet is very well protected from all fleet but a very very big. And the cost in maintenance and refined material is insignificant comparing with your defense. :)

but you've got to tell me one thing how the F*ck do you manage to move your prisoners! I am trying but it never works...

You have to send a character or spec forces unit with them. Highlight the prisoners and your guard and move them like any of your units. It *is* in the manual ... :wink:

I don't have a manual, second hand copy

But thanks for the tip anyway

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

I think you are wasting many resources to potect your prison planet. Is better to put 5 gencores II and 1 or 2 LSR2 and 15 stormtroopers with Daala or another good character as general. With this defense this planet is very well protected from all fleet but a very very big. And the cost in maintenance and refined material is insignificant comparing with your defense. :)

Your right about that. But by the time I have the planet ready and the fleet my Maintenance an refined material is more then sufficend. And with the fleet there an enemies fleet will be destroyed. And that means the enemy cann't use that fleet anymore. Giving me more breathing space.

R2D2 Where are You.

Well i usually make my HQ also my Prison Planet, as it has to be heavily defended anyhow. And what annoys me is the fact that captured agents always seem to be able to flee. Even when i have insane amounts of Troops on planet, like 50 Sullus Reg + a general. And having a fleet around ur planet is also very helpfull becuz it will act a fishing net, capturing or killing most of the escaped agents immediatly.

If you can injure a character, and not kill them, the odds of them ever escaping are also reduced. I don't know if the chance of them escaping is at 0 or not, but it is significantly low. I've never actually witnessed an injured character escaping on their own.

I tend to use my fleets as mobile prison facilities, they also reduce the amount of escapes. If an escape does occur I check the character display to see where they are heading- it sometimes gives the location of hidden rim world rebel worlds to attack later.- Grand Moff Conway

yeah, that happened on accident once. I wsa looking for the Rebel Fleet and all of a sudden the droid says that a character exscaped.

The Character was Wedge. I had all the Rebel core worlds blockaded and was looking for the base. He exscaped and i clicked on the go to even button and it showed where he went. Since I knew the sector was in the Rim, i just got all my ships together and followed him.

but i think it only works if all they have left is thier HQ as the escaped characters tend to go to the closest planet available.

To have a fleet as fishing net is one of the reasons you should put a fleet in orbit. The secoond reason is, that when an enemy fleet arrives you can defend yous plannet. Even if its your HQ, Prison, Shipyard planet, or what ever plannet you want.

And you should all so place some fighters on your world, because they all so reduce the chance of escap.

When you use a fleet to move your prisoners, the one reason there are no escapes is becaus your opponent cant find them and send a rescue mission. But when you use a plannet and have the right defenses, the rescue mission will most likly be detected, and that means you have more prisoners unles the mission is preformd bij spec. forces.

What can even help you some more is, that you place a jedi Master as admiral of the fleet in orbit. Or as the general on the plannet. reduces the chance of escape even more.

And even when it happens that a prisoner escapes, It will return to the nearest plannet that has joined to his side. Except when he was freed by a rescue mission. then he will go to the plannet from where the mission comes.

R2D2 Where are You.

Characters don't just escape due to a rescue mission, sometimes any number of them can randomly try to. These attempts will happen regardless of where they are, how built up the facilities there are or whatever. Whether they'll succeed or not is a different story, but they will attempt to flee on their own at different times.

I doubt however that any injured character can try to flee, I believe those must be rescued but I can't confirm this.

some of you are putting a lot of resources into this, i always just take a slow ship and put all my prisoners on it with a general and move it from one side of the galaxy to the other, they cant escape when the ship is in hyperspace.
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Its a coincidence we're talking about this, cause I just found out that injured characters CAN try to escape on their own. Its unusual in the sense that I thought a character's ability to escape on their own had to do with NOT being injured as well as if their combat ability was too low. Now I am not so sure which variable it looks at...I'd need to see if I couldn't injure somebody who's espionage might have also gotten real low from an injury, but I suspect instead that escaping has way more to do with leadership than any other stat.

Welp, I have two characters captured so far, Garindan and Dorja. Dorja was injured and in captivity for several hundred turns so far. Its now around turn 1100 or so and he made a break for it, busting out of Tangrene and fleeing to Sarka. I had a fleet based at Tangrene with an Admiral and Commander (If one of them had been ranked General, maybe that's the rank to have to have an extra chance to stop escapees?) and immediately sent that on to Sarka to pick him up again.

I do have characters abilities tweaked, but I'll get to that in a second...

After arrival I performed an espionage mission to verify he was there so I could recapture him. Dorja's stats was at 0 combat by the way, but he still had espionage, and his leadership stats were about where they were, but both were lowered somewhat due to his injuries.

As to the characters, I messed up with my last game session, I had wanted to make all of them jedis to have a tougher game but forgot to boost each secondary character's probability to 100...this time its set that way but with everyone's leadership boosted as well 200 reb/300+ for Imps (their bonus, besides whatever variables were in place). Some of you saw in other posts recently that I had an anomaly where the AI wasn't assigning ranks as liberally to their characters...all I was seeing was generals on fleets...no admirals or commanders, or generals or commanders on the ground, just generals on fleets.

Anyhoo, reinstalled, retweaked but this time left the variables for the secondary chars alone and that seemed to do the trick. Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent, but long story short, Dorja escaped despite being injured, and after I ran the espionage mission to spot him and pick him up, I saw no spec forces or other characters at Sarka...I think this guy escaped solely based on his leadership ranking.

• 1 month later...

And that's not all.

They aren't allowed to do any thing. All they can do is sit around and plan their escape.

But we will do every thing to stop them.

R2D2 Where are You.

• 7 months later...