2nd/3rd Tier Corruption Options

echo

I started the campaign in FoC, but I can't find how to activate the 2nd and 3rd tier corruption options.  The little corruption icon next to the planets disappears once I've done the first level of corruption.  I'm on the mission where you need to get to Yavin, but the new planets can't be corrupted due to missing prerequisites that could be fulfilled if I could further corrupt my the closer planets.

Be sure to look just below each option in the corruption screen for each planet.  Some options require that you had to have built units it requres besides the initial cost to perform it.  i.e. below and to the right of the main picture you may see a unit type, such as a grenadier or MDU followed by a 2/2 meaning you'd need two of that unit made (doesn't matter which planet they're on, if you got 'em, it'll subtract 'em).

You'll also see a smaller picture under the main one to be performed - you may need a different kind of mission or two done before it'll unlock it for the new planet.  Just hover your cursor over the miniature picture below the main picture and the tooltip will tell you the mission type to be done before that one can be open to you.  Example:  maybe you need to have done two kidnapping missions in which case the small symbol will be the kidnapping mission picture with a 0/2 beside it letting you know you've still got to do them.

I can see the different options and their requirements before I do any corruption, but after I do the first corruption, I can't seem to send another Defiler to perform any more.

If the hyperspace lanes leading to all the planets in your range are glowing yellow, its possible you've corrupted all that you could up that point which would explain why you can't corrupt any more.  So if there are more planets beyond you can't reach, just remember that in order to reach them, you need to corrupt (or conquer) worlds that border the ones you can't reach first.  You'll see the planets light up when you've done that.

If that's not the case and you can still bring up a corruption option window that means you can still perform one.  Just review carefully that you've met the prerequisites for it:

Credit cost

Unit cost (units have to be built of that number)

Mission prerequisites

Main Hero Availability (some missions require a hero)

If you are trying to corrupt the same world twice however, it won't let you do it.  Corruption would have to be removed by one of the AI's characters before you could corrupt it again.  The easiest way to know if you can corrupt is to select the defiler (left click and hold for a moment) and to the bottom left of any world in range it'll say "corrupt planet" or some such - otherwise it'll just say "sabotage" in the GC view.