What was it that really RUINED the Empire?!

igorimp

What was it that really ruined the Empire?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was it that really ruined the Empire?

• Darth Vader's fatherly instincts
    • The Emperor's "misguided" vision
    • Imperial overconfidence
    • Death Stars (a mistake from the begining)
    • The Rebels
    • A bunch of furry two-feet Ewoks
    • The Force

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American movies have the TGGMW syndrome because their only purpose is to entertain. Even if it highly unlikely that the good guy wins.

European, and some Latinamerican lack teh TGGMW syndrome, because they entertain and they propose a problem that is not solved (hero's death).

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Thats a typical american syndrome :?
Why are you confused about that? :?

hm yes that Icons name is confused but if I look at this I think it has other intentions :? (skepticism, overthinking what is said :arrow: f.e.)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

You're all correct about TGGMW. It is a true American product because of some crazy tradition where the two good guys must ride off into the sunset after having killed 30+ evil gunman in a fair fight on an open field with no cover... Eventually, the romantic and modern Hollywood stepped in and one of the good guys was replaced by a woman, there is a car instead of horses and Colt .45 is now replaced by an Uzi.

When you draw the bottom line, everything's changed EXCEPT for the bad guys. In sheer contrast, there are many non-American (and even a few American) movies that portrait a life of some hero or historical personality form the earliest beginings to it's death. That is more of a balanced ending, because the hero eventually DIES (as opposed to riding off into the sunset). :twisted:

So, because of TGGMW: you can't just end a movie with two people riding off into the sunset and the commentator say:

"...and so they lived happily ever after, until they divorced. She got most of his money, but died of an unknown kiddney infection. He, realizing the unimportance of his life, slided to despairation and gave himself to drinking. THE END."

:lol::lol::lol:

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

There is only one EMPEROR'S GRAND PLAN.

By the way, the Emperor's not dead... he's just resting...

"...and so they lived happily ever after, until they divorced. She got most of his money, but died of an unknown kiddney infection. He, realizing the unimportance of his life, slided to despairation and gave himself to drinking. THE END."

:lol::lol::lol:

But the storoy goes on...

Their only kid who, after the divorce turned to drugs now has escaped prison and is faced with teh debts that his dad had to pay.... HE dies when he is in the middle of the street beging for money and a drunk driver hits him with his truck...

But the storoy goes on...

Their only kid who, after the divorce turned to drugs now has escaped prison and is faced with teh debts that his dad had to pay.... HE dies when he is in the middle of the street beging for money and a drunk driver hits him with his truck...

Both of us, naturally, forgot about their little cute puppy called Nibbles. Poor Nibbles chased cars and bikes all days long... until he finally cought one wheel of a bike... :lol:

You get my point. For most directors, it seems more "natural" to end a movie on a high note - riding into the sunset; rather then wait for the plot to go on a down spiral... That's reserved for Russian movies. :)

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

There is only one EMPEROR'S GRAND PLAN.

By the way, the Emperor's not dead... he's just resting...

Get back on the topic, the empire with its totally superior numbers should of kicked the rebels butts.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

I imagine a part of their fleet was assigned to defense duties. Preventing Imperial systems to declare war on each other. Diamal and Ishor...

And few fleet elements were actually dedicated to hunt the Rebels down. Only Vader's fleet for that matter, had that assignment. Both Vader and Palpy did not consider the Rebellion to be a serious threat, and at Endor this was revealed... that many ISDs couldn't take out the Rebel fleet, regardless that Palpy,Vader and some Grand Admirals were directing the battle.... Or jsut the TGGMW syndrom

Oh, but there were Grand Admiral at Endor... Safely on board the Death Star....

Let's see:

4 total:

Grand Admiral Nial Declann

Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik

and other two that aren't listed... but they escaped.

Nial Declann was Force-sensitive and rushed to his master when he felt his pain...

Osvald Teshik escaped but his Star Destroyer was captured.

I have comprehensive info on the rest of the guys... only one of the original twelve could retire himself...

Oh, but there were Grand Admiral at Endor... Safely on board the Death Star....

Let's see:

4 total:

Grand Admiral Nial Declann

Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik

and other two that aren't listed... but they escaped.

Nial Declann was Force-sensitive and rushed to his master when he felt his pain...

Osvald Teshik escaped but his Star Destroyer was captured.

I have comprehensive info on the rest of the guys... only one of the original twelve could retire himself...

Where the hell are you getting your info, Trej? And is it official? Because I have searched and searched and searched, but never found those. Along with that, I have repeatedly read that from both official and unofficial sources that there were NO grand admirals at the Battle of Endor.

Check your mail, SOCL!

It's info from a site I found that sythesized info from the Insider article on Grand Admirals and the stuff in the essential Chronology....

There may be things that make you shiver.... Like Zaarins name...

DEMETRIUS Zaarin...

One would expect him to have a more Starwars-like name.... not just Demetrius...

Check your mail, SOCL!

It's info from a site I found that sythesized info from the Insider article on Grand Admirals and the stuff in the essential Chronology....

There may be things that make you shiver.... Like Zaarins name...

DEMETRIUS Zaarin...

One would expect him to have a more Starwars-like name.... not just Demetrius...

Got it, bro, thanks! But Demetrius isn't such a bad name. Granted, it's not a typical STAR WARS name, but it sounds quite Latin which means it's good. :lol: