Free movement of personnel on enemy systems?

Hutton

Would it be possible to adjust the game to that you could send personnel to neutral, uninhabited or enemy systems without a mission, or at least adjust it so they didn’t automatically return to there system of origin when there mission was over until you moved?

I figure as long as they are running the same risk of detection while on an enemy system it won’t disrupt game play/balance, but I don’t know enough about the code to know if it’s possible. vakundok’s great post “Mechanics - inside Rebellion” doesn’t cover personnel, but judging from the kind of values that other units had, I suspect messing with SYSTEMSD.DAT is more likely to yield results?

Before I start messing, with it, I’d like to know if anyone else has already learned anything about the SYSTEMSD.DAT file.

the systemsd.dat file only has information on the location, and some attributes of the planet... what you intend though is more likely to be hardcoded on the engine... one more reason for trying to obtain the source code of the game. ..
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
...one more reason for trying to obtain the source code of the game. ..
What you're proposing sound as incredibly cool as it does impossible...