Importance of a sector in RebEd

dude21

Can anybody tell what means the Importance of asector in RebEd?

There are the possibilities: Very important, medium, low importance

What changes in game if it is edited?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

I think it has something to do with maintanance points and such... not sure through never tried it

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Does it have something to do with size of the galaxy set at the start of the game, and what sectors will or will not appear?

As if I have a clue. Heh I only found this awesome site yesterday.

The Hag

I have experimented with this and have found that a higher importance, the systems in the sector will have more resources. Also, the AI will put a greater emphasis on trying to take over the sector. Basically, if you make a sector have high importance and make it populated, it`s just like a core sector.

What happens is that RebEd will not let you make these changes to the Sumitra sector, so the Rebel HQ will be there. If you are playing rebels, you will likely want to move it quickly!

If I just lift the Importance rate of a rim sector is then there more built?

I want it that the rebels not need to build up any system in rim, just make diplomacy there :?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Then what you need to do is doubleclick the "populated" checkbox dude21, if you click it just once, some planets in a sector is randomly populated at start, and the checkbox has a faint check in it.

Doubleclick so the checkmark is solid and all planets are populated at start.

And Glandry, the rebel HQ is randomly put in any of the original rim sectors, even if they are high importance and starts out owned and known.

I have several times started as empire and the reb hq visible, when i had turned most sectors to high importance and populated.

Just setting a sector to high but not populated, will randomly give a none or several planets to either player and they will be populated, while the other planets will be empty.

And Glandry, the rebel HQ is randomly put in any of the original rim sectors, even if they are high importance and starts out owned and known.

I have several times started as empire and the reb hq visible, when i had turned most sectors to high importance and populated.

Have to disagree with you direwolf, but could just be because we are not using the exact same settings in RebEd. I will make all sectors populated with a high importance, except Sumitra (because RebEd won't let me). The rebel HQ will always be there. If you are playing as the imperials, you should not even be able to see the Rebel HQ at the start of the game. Play as the rebels instead of the imperials, and you will see that the HQ will always be somewhere in Sumitra.

Guy

Sumitra cannot be turned to high importance since it has Yavin with its seperate starting conditions in it. You can, however, cange all the planets except Yavin to populated manually. If so, the Empire starts with the knowledge of the HQ's position.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• 6 months later...

Whenever I change the importance of the sectors, Rebellion crashes just prior to loading of the strategy screen (after picking the game settings). Does anyone else have this problem?

[edited 12/18/03] Never mind. I was making the sector with Yavin have a high importance (through a flaw in RebEd 0.26). That was why it would crash. Never change it from low importance. Though I was able to have the remaining systems in the sector be colonized.