Starcraft & Warcraft

MyZrael

I left swg shortly before the first expansion was out only to return after rage of the wookies was released and must say that I was pretty pleased with what they had done with the game.......although I might not have been as pleased if I had a fully kitted char that suddenly couldn't use all my gear after the combat revamp :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say this yet again, stupid combat upgrade then so many patches to screw it up:?

Warcraft 3 I seem to like again but I want to win for once online which I haven't. Stupid heroes :evil:

Anyways anymore Blizzard games coming out I haven't heard of ? By the way anybody own Starcraft ghost can tell me hows it like and is it just sneak in and fight ? :?

Last but not least why are Merlocks in wow called something else in WC3 ?

I've been wondering that myself, anyway there's a chance will never see it except screenshots. And why do you say that about the heroes, just try the blademaster or the bloodmage and why not, the dwarf they're my personal favorites, they all have they're own abilities some are good against armies other against heroes, just try it.
I thought I was going forward, but it turned out I was going backwards.

Anything by blizzard=s*****.

Vader are you having flashbacks? Thanks for the support but hey that's like 20 post ago. :) By the way do you like my avatar, I drew it myself. :D

• 3 weeks later...

That's a very nice avatar.

Yeah, I used to use the the dwarf lord a lot when I played. That axe throw of his is very good for disrupting enemy heroes. Alongside an Archmage they make for good teamwork.

I think people have difficulty with enemy heroes because their opponents learn to creep quickly and well. I must admit I was never wonderful, but if you can keep levelling them as much as possible until lvl5 you stand a much better chance of fighting back. Also having 3 mediocre heroes is much better than one overly powerful one, more skills at your disposal, more chances to disrupt. Oh, and if you can buy a potion for them. If you use it well it can sway the tide of battle more than the same cost wise of units.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

my favorites would have to be...dwarf,tauren chief,dreadie,voodoo guy, and demon hunter.

what i always liked to do was to start with 2 bases, immediately send 1 or 2 guys to another mine then have your forces split,that way if one of your bases were found you wouldnt be out yet. plus more gold is something \ everyone needs!

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I generally just dislike Blizzard's style of RTS. For one thing WC3 felt too small an rts, I've played other games with similar numbers that felt a good deal more epic. Also I dislike their approach to combat micro-management. Altough I appreciate micro, WC3 just seemed to make it more of a chore than fun to me.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

IMO, Warcraft III could have been done with less graphics. The thing they dissapointed me with was that there was a whole new look, 3d-ish look, new races, etc but a pop cap of 90???

The maps were small considering unit size to map size. Starcraft had the same sprite approach that Warcraft II did and look how well it did. I think Blizzard must have slipped on the precarious edge that so many companies fall from: The flashy graphics over gameplay edge.

They managed to come away with a fairly good game, but nowhere near the epic step up we were hoping for that the line Warcraft-->WarcraftII-->Starcraft would have lead us to believe was possible.

It became kindof Warcraft < Warcraft II < STARCRAFT ~> warcraftIII.

I personally am a little afraid of what Starcraft 2 will be like. Anyone notice that Starcraft Ghost MP does not have any units available (at this time) other than Human? Seem kind of lame to you? It does me. I would think that Blizzard of all companies could have pulled off something better than that.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Ooh, ooh... I get his dog bowl.

What? I need a dog bowl. Don't try telling me I don't.

The pop cap gets annoying occasionally and battles aren't always epic, but as far as sticking with it and getting it to a stage where it plays a mostly balanced, enjoyable RTS, Blizzard have done well. They supported the community well, and so it still remains popular.

Mass teleport from the Archmage anyone? Makes hit and runs on specific area, plus the all important full retreat a walk in the park (Not that they actually programmed in a park to walk through. If they did that, then I'd start having some second thoughts about blizzard).

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Starcraft 2 is that official yet? Are they making it? If so im foaming at the mouth!

Um sorry Vader, didn't mean to do that to you. I was commenting on my fears of what Starcraft 2 would be like IF Blizzard decides to make it.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

the one thing that got me hooked in warcraft 3 fish hooks were 2 things. story and online play, i like the custom games they are soo addicting! all the diffrent mauls, tds,arena fights etc. that is what i love about it and cant wait for warcraft 4, not another WOW expansion...grr :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

ok what the heck is this lol

60 Day pre-paid game card has been successfully added to your account! Your pre-paid time will start on May 16, 2005 2:10 PM PDT and expire on November 18, 2005 3:02 PM PST. To continue playing beyond this date‚ you will need to add another game card (or payment type) to your account.

Its September 19,2005 and they seemed to have froze my account lol.

YAHOOOO i'm back in WoW business :P If anybody wants to join me common in (Hint: Indum)

Ok I think i'm in Bloodhoof Server if anybody has WoW and wants to join me.

if star craft 2 is ever made i am sure it will fail in comparison to what we all hoped (*cough* phantom meanace*caugh*) only because our expectation are so high. but in the defence of blizard i never have fun when playing a single player campaighn except with sc and wc the missions are well thought out and actually have a story that is original and interesting

Well I got my Main guy leveled up to 25 in cat form and healing myself in the wetland area. I then went over to my female night elf hunter who was level 24 and wanted it to get to level 25 unless i'm off by a level somewhere. Well I tamed a Raptor and boy was it pissed and hungry, I had to feed it 10 rips. I like my cat who eats anything :P

All my characters are in Bloodhoof Server in the North American side if anybody has WoW and wants to join me :roll: Its great and I just auctioned 2 stuff.

Recent picture of my Udora Character: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/GhostlyPolovnik/world%20of%20warcraft/WoW.jpg

When I remembered I can take pictures I took it during Udora turn. When I go back to Polovnik tomorrow you'll see.

• 1 month later...
Say did anyone know that a WoW radio station is out ???? just follow the links on the main website. It only works with winamp so far... Youki just out of curiosity how much are you paying for your WoW account ?

• 4 weeks later...
Wow!!!! Man blizzard must be getting a s**t lot of money... 40 bucks a person and think of all those people out there... :? I hate the concept of paying to play a game...

I'd rather it be like Guild Wars and the people who would want to help would donate to Blizzard. I'm level 33 (my best character) and the way grinding is right now a pre-paid card isn't right. O well I shouldn't complain right now about it since school is bothering my gaming time.

• 2 months later...

can i revive this? o well, i am anyways so here goes.

For 4 days now i have been borrowing my friends starcraft disc, and it got me hooked!

darn blizz, they always do that to me...

but im going to get the battle chest tommorrow, since i have to return it to him tommorrow, i like what blizz has done too with battle chests, the 2 games PLUS guides, so its really a bang for your buck.

so what are your guyses favorite sides?

i like the zerg alot, due to thier units, but i suck at rushing, so maybe ill go protoss/terran. My runner up would have to be protoss, due to the ZEALOT ^^

but then again, terran arent bad, i like th battle cruisers and siege tanks, and the goliaths look cool.

i guess ill post too  ;D Starcraft was released in 1998 (brood war that is...) and its not even 3d. but after 6 years its Still going strong. In my personal experience in gaming ive never seen a game survive this long.

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/7/73/300px-Imperial_Fleet.jpg

Long live the Venator!