• 1977-1980
    • 1980-1983
    • 1983-1991
    • 1991-1997
    • 1997-1999
    • 1999-2002
    • 2002-2005
    • 2005-present

A remake of the OT??? 8O No! Please not! The Special Edition was just that worse enough.

Allthough this is a thread about the "best SW-Memories", it seems that also the worst are mentioned here. So I got to say why the heck did they had to put in that scene in the SE-Version of TESB where Vader arrives at his SSD from Bespin? And why did they have to take another voice-actor just to let him say "prepare my shuttle" or something like that?? There was absolutely no need for that! :evil:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got to say why the heck did they had to put in that scene in the SE-Version of TESB where Vader arrives at his SSD from Bespin? And why did they have to take another voice-actor just to let him say "prepare my shuttle" or something like that?? There was absolutely no need for that! :evil:

I agree. I much prefer the classic "Bring my shuttle." to the "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival."

Gosh, Lucas has really wrecked the OT.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

Allthough this is a thread about the "best SW-Memories", it seems that also the worst are mentioned here.
Sometimes it's hard to define a good thing, so you define the good moments by identifying the bad moments. I guess that way everything that wasn't bad was good, eh?

So what about the upcoming Star Wars TV series? Do you think it will be any good? It is supposed to be set in between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

That TV series had been 'upcoming' for how many years now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

Wth? Doesn't come out until 2009?

And they're going to screw with the continuity even MORE between episodes 3 and 4. Haven't they done enough to mess it up?

That is IT! We have to kill Lucas off ASAP. Ideas?

Lucas will write and produce the first season, and then "hand it off from there", while remaining executive producer and general overseer throughout the rest of the series.

I´m not quite sure how I have to feel about that. :?

The style of the series will be similar to Lucas' Young Indiana Jones TV series.

(both source: Wikipedia)

OMG that series was so booooring. Noooooo! :x

And Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader?? Why? Maybe for shots without his helmet I guess. :?:roll:

So what about the upcoming Star Wars TV series? Do you think it will be any good? It is supposed to be set in between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

As long as Lucas isn't in charge, it should be great.

Lucas will write and produce the first season, and then "hand it off from there", while remaining executive producer and general overseer throughout the rest of the series.

Oh, wait. Too LATE!!! So, we don't watch the first season.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

What do they want to show us in that series? It was told in the first SW-Movie, that the rebellion just has started and they just won their first battle or something. So we can see the rise of the empire, clonetroopers becoming stormtroopers, system after system will be succumbed and the members of the senate are just discussing all the time, while some, like Organa and Mothma support very small rebell units?? So I guess there will be just lots of talking. We allready had that in Episode 1 to 3. :roll:

It's all about the Benjamins (i.e. Money). That's the problem... Lucas has become a money eating monster and he must have more in order to survive. He just wants more green. He'll milk the Star Wars franchise until noone loves it anymore. End of story.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

The problem is that all these cult/fan followings have to give in to marketing in order to draw in the non-fan base. For example, with Star Wars, in order to make the prequels so successful, Lucas couldn't just do the same thing he had done 20+years before. It would have only appealed to that fan base. So he had to spice it up by throwing in stupid, ridiculous characters, he eliminated the idea of a guy in a costume and had all alien races computer animated, and he had to throw in a bad ass actor to portray one of the calm, serene Jedi. Utter ridiculousness.

This can also be seen in the recent Spider-Man film. With out going into to much detail, rather than staying true to the 50+years of comics, the movie had to reach out to a younger audience to draw in the cash. A lot of the story and character development is lost in the transition from comic to film, and the characters in the movie are foreign rather than familiar to fans of the comics.

So like JH said, it is all about the benjamins. These classic stories are being butchered into sloppy films that do not always pay homage to the original medium, just to appeal to todays hustle and bustle, action-craving population.

And to further continue this rant a bit longer, the video games that are based on movies continue to suck. These games are produced very sloppily just so that their release can be within a week or so of the film release, and due to this deadline they keep (in order to make money off the success of the film), the game suffers. I remember buying RotS a week before the movie came out, and the game sucked so bad I actually sold it back a week later. It took me only a few hours to beat, and was simply horrible and not worth $50. Then the new Spidey3 game sucks also. Reports are that Spidey and other characters will occasionally fall through the sidewalk or the sides of buildings since the game was so rushed and little kinks like that were not worked out. It saddens me how, while movies tend to be more visually pleasing, the story suffers due to it.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Despite the fact GL has stated our Star Wars was the story of Anakin, and not the adventures of Luke as a star killer, as all it started, the prospect of a TV series and subsequent Film spin-off(s) should keep us lot going into old age, don't you reckon.. :)

Edit: Try and type in English, I must

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Well that´s just a wishfull thinking. But I guess it´s rather true that everything we saw in the Special Edition plus the Prequels were GL´s own ideas. :?:roll:

But anyway, funny vid. :mrgreen:

Like mentioned earlier, the SW series is shown on german television now. Today they will show "Attack of the clones" and last sunday of course "The phantom menace". When the hangar-scene appeared I had to grin again, because I had to think of this. :lol:

What have you done to that movie, Jahled? It will never be the same again. :mrgreen:;)

Like mentioned earlier, the SW series is shown on german television now. Today they will show "Attack of the clones" and last sunday of course "The phantom menace". When the hangar-scene appeared I had to grin again, because I had to think of this. :lol:

What have you done to that movie, Jahled? It will never be the same again. :mrgreen:;)

Seems to me that is an improvement! 8)

I just stop acknowledging the existence of certain pieces of canon after a bit. For instance, the prequels. :roll::wink:

Wow! You too?!? Damn.

More along the lines of the original topic: I can't decide on any one of those eras. To me the best time for SW was before the Special Edition.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I just stop acknowledging the existence of certain pieces of canon after a bit. For instance, the prequels. :roll::wink:

Wow! You too?!? Damn.

Eventually we'll split off into factions. The more conservative faction will be called the Roman Jedi, and the people like Mitth and I will be the Protestjedi. Of course, Mitth and I will probably disagree on some detail and I'll form the Church of the Force. 8)

More along the lines of the original topic: I can't decide on any one of those eras. To me the best time for SW was before the Special Edition.
So 1991 to 1997?

Wow, it's been ten years since Lucas first butchered the movies? It seems like only yesterday... or maybe I'm thinking of when he re-released them in their original format without touching up the video quality. Yeah, that's what I was thinking of.

For me, the best Star Wars memories happened during the time that I was able to slip the movies from their VHS covers as they were packaged in the original trilogy set back in the 80s.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

So you prefer the unaltered versions too?

I´ve just asked that in hope to see you here arround more often. If you can read this without resizing it than you´ve got many carrots in your refrigerator.;)

Yup, I mich prefer the unaltered version. And I can also read that with out resizing it, but not because of good eye sight. More because my glasses mangify to such a great extent. :lol:

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Wow! You too?!? Damn.

Eventually we'll split off into factions. The more conservative faction will be called the Roman Jedi, and the people like Mitth and I will be the Protestjedi. Of course, Mitth and I will probably disagree on some detail and I'll form the Church of the Force. 8)

So 1991 to 1997?

Actually, I was thinking late 70's through early, EARLY 90's.

Oh, and Eagle? I could read that, too. My excuse is much the same as GAT's, though. The only difference is I wear contacts.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"