• 1977-1980
    • 1980-1983
    • 1983-1991
    • 1991-1997
    • 1997-1999
    • 1999-2002
    • 2002-2005
    • 2005-present

i had.. and still have.. alot of the old and new figurines.. back in the day i even had the chewbacca bandolier which held the figures for easy access (gasp!.. lol).... but yea.. not gonna get into all which i have.. its a little ridiculous really.. :lol:

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a ton of the original action figures and still buy 1 on occasion. I used to have the Death Star and TIE Fighter as well as the driod building set. My friend had an X-Wing and the Falcon and we used to have battles against each other. - Grand Moff Conway

- Boba Fett's altered voice. The original voice was better and menacing. Just because he's Jango's clone doesn't mean he has to sound exactly like him.

Hm, that´s not on the new DVD-Version I own. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a015.gif The voice remains the same on the classic and the SE-version.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Thats strange Eagle because my dvd versions have the altered Boba Fett voice. Luckily I have the originals and SE on VHS so I can hear the original voice anytime I want. - Grand Moff Conway

Hm, that´s not on the new DVD-Version I own. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a015.gif The voice remains the same on the classic and the SE-version.
Thats strange Eagle because my dvd versions have the altered Boba Fett voice.

That's probably because it was way too difficult to do a German Boba Fett with a Kiwi accent :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Of course I´m still talking of the last releases of the SW DVD´s like just mentioned here.

And I was refering of the original english dub, not the german one. Where they´d took a voice-actor who sounds quite similar to that one in the english version. I compared the original non-edited version and the SE-version. On both DVDs there was still Boba´s voice and not the voice of Jango (Temuera Morrison).

Ahhh yes, Eagle.... you are talking about the most recently release DVD's... which are more true to the original form of the movie... any DVD released before the ones you purchased but after... Episode II was it?... has the Kiwi's voice for Boba..... blasphemers!!!!... :cry: they ruined Boba Fett.... he was my favorite... as he was... :lol: I'm not really that upset.. but still miffed...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Yeah, there have been two original trilogy releases. The first came in 2004 (well, at least for the States; don't the dates elsewhere) and those had alterations done to them following the prequel rubbish. It has a new Palpatine holo-image in Empire, Vader finding out about Luke from Palpatine, and a Jango-Boba Fett. The latter DVD release was a version of the very original edit, but apparently the quality was rather bad as they used the 1993 laserdisc form, so the images are rather choppy, fuzzing, and the sound scoring is apparently quite bad; however, on that form of the DVD release, the title scroll for A New Hope as no "A New Hope" or "Episode IV" bit, as per the 1977 release, which was taken from an even older edit someone had lying around Skywalker Ranch.

I hope they release the THX remastered form of the original trilogy! It's the one I watch on VHS. And maybe the 1997-cut of the Special Editions, before they changed Jabba the Hutt (again) and changed Boba Fett's voice. Personally, I think the 2004 DVD release, though cool because I don't have to rewind it and it has Surround Sound, was something a bust. I've seen some petitions around TheForce.Net for some time now about getting an "Ultimate Edition" form which comes with all the cuts of every movie. This would, for the first one, mean the 1977 cut without the words "A New Hope" or "Episode IV" at the start, the 1980 reedit with those words, the THX remastered edition, the 1997 Special Editions, and the 2004 basatardizations. :lol:

I´ve got no problem with that they´d put Palpi in TESB. He could have spoken much more evil though. And I like the reedit of Jabba. He looks much better now. The first animated one locked crappy.

Personally I like Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine better than the woman with chimp eyes, though as Eagle pointed out he needed to be a bit more agressive in his voice. - Grand Moff Conway

I suppose having a clear-looking Emperor in Empire made the point, but I didn't particularly appreciate it as it continues to be part of the "change it" campaign. I wouldn't be surprised by Ian McDiarmid acted the Emperor's scenes from Jedi on a blue screen set and was then computer-composited into the film for the next re-release. Really, I would not be surprised at all! Hell, I half-expect that by 2017 Luke will no longer be in the original trilogy because Anakin didn't become Darth Vader. The biggest issue with changing the Emperor in Empire hadn't much to do with who was in there, but rather what that actor said. I realize that after seeing Revenge of the Sith we all know that Luke and Leia are Vader's kids, but there really was no need to change the dialogue between Emperor and Vader just so we know how Vader knows about Luke. Lucas seems to have an obsession with explaining everything--nothing must be a mystery.

I suppose having a clear-looking Emperor in Empire made the point, but I didn't particularly appreciate it as it continues to be part of the "change it" campaign. I wouldn't be surprised by Ian McDiarmid acted the Emperor's scenes from Jedi on a blue screen set and was then computer-composited into the film for the next re-release. Really, I would not be surprised at all! Hell, I half-expect that by 2017 Luke will no longer be in the original trilogy because Anakin didn't become Darth Vader. The biggest issue with changing the Emperor in Empire hadn't much to do with who was in there, but rather what that actor said. I realize that after seeing Revenge of the Sith we all know that Luke and Leia are Vader's kids, but there really was no need to change the dialogue between Emperor and Vader just so we know how Vader knows about Luke. Lucas seems to have an obsession with explaining everything--nothing must be a mystery.

I have decided that not only will I not be buying any new re-releases, I won't be watching them. Lucas has done too much already. I propose we boycot all future attempts to suck more money from our pockets with the "original" trilogy!

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Honestly, I think the best thing Mr. Lucas could have done for Star Wars would have been to retire or outright pass-away. No, no, I am not proposing Lucas die. All I am trying to illustrate is that Lucas should have kept out of Star Wars after the release of Jedi and let someone else write, produce, and direct the prequels, if at all!

I hope that one of these days Star Wars will be remade, just like all classic movies are remade. Granted, most remakes can't even come close to the originals (i.e. King Kong), but I'm not sure if you could ever screw up by remaking the prequels. I doubt it could get an worse. :roll:

Man... who would they get to play Luke Skywalker if they remade it? :)

Hayden Christiansen... :lol::lol: (since remakes have to suck worse than original...)

God I hate that guy...

All I am trying to illustrate is that Lucas should have kept out of Star Wars after the release of Jedi and let someone else write, produce, and direct the prequels, if at all!

After A New Hope for a lot of us, SOCL dude! Whilst the original film was a brilliant piece of film making on GL's behalf, the general feeling is that tESB was and has been the best of the lot, especially amongst non-SW obsessed film critics, which wasn't made by GL. RoftJ, which was, was simply daft towards the end, with the Ewoks and all, and certainly not a film as measurable as the previous two.

Whilst I, being a Star Wars nutcase, could sort of tolerate and forgive GL for the three prequals, they were ultimately pale shadows of the first two films, despite all the flamboyant special effects etc; they all lacked that special ingrediant of the original film and subsequently in ESB, which was something we had never experienced before.

One film review I read simply said of Revenge of the Sith (anag.) which made me chuckle.. [/i]

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I definitely think that ESB was, hands down, the best of all 6 films. I enjoyed ROJ for the Emperor, and I dont mind Ewoks. At least they weren't based on discrimination of races (like Gungans or Neomodians)...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

If they were going to remake the OT, it would probably be best to get unknown actors. That way they are not associated with anything else they may have worked on in the past.

I was thinking that Michael Clarke Duncan could probably do Darth Vader's voice.

I don't know about you all, but Hayden Christensen's portrayal of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader isn't anything how I pictured the Sith Lord in his younger years.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

• SWR Staff - Executive

I believe it is entirely due to the screenplays that Lucas wrote. The classic trilogy got many script doctors, even different directors to make it a more fulfilling movie. I remember one good line.. I think it was Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford who said "You can write this stuff, but you can't say it George"

The scripts evolved depending on the technology of what was established during that period, even the lines as ad-lib'd by Ford. The famous "I know" Solo line.

But the prequels... they were entirely Lucas's direction. He could write, direct, and ultimately bring about what he saw as a good film. Let's face it.. he didn't do much directing between the two trilogies, though he did a lot of "executive producing" - none of his movies besides Indiana Jones were a great sucess.

No one would probably tell the guy what was wrong with the prequel movies... nor I think would be seek the help of some very good script doctors.

The lines fall flat, the characterizations just shallow.. I don't blame the actors for saying what lines they were told to say, but rather the writing and directing of Lucas.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.