Question about transit time

JPCJedi

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I've been modding for years with RebEd and nearly have a full TC worked out. My big gripe with the unaltered game is time, so I've cruched all the hyperspeed numbers so that the whole galaxy is no more than ten days apart. So, is there any way to alter the transit times of individual characters, like the Falcon effect?
Delete me. I shouldn't have been here in the first place. Eh, nevermind. SWR is addictive!

why not move the systems a little closer together in the Galaxy editor? It works well

Yup, done that! It embarasses me how much I've fudged with the galaxy editor; my map doesn't look a thing like the original at all. At one point, I had every sector literally up next to each other. I even tried making them all overlap on one space so that the planets were really packed close. Yeah, that didn't work.

I've actually been enjoying using the galaxy editor and having my ships all charged up to 10:10 hyperspace rating, but the problem is that it leaves personnel in the dust. It still takes an average of 15-30 days for a character to complete a mission, but battles can be orchestrated and carried out within five, and since transit time is a non-issue for ships, espionage intel doesn't really factor that much into combat tactics anymore. It's a constant trade-off I guess. *sigh*

Delete me. I shouldn't have been here in the first place. Eh, nevermind. SWR is addictive!

hm. Okay, I have an idea that should work, or at least do what you want it to. Take the map and reduce the size, and then put that on a starry background of the same size as the map used to be. Now it should look like you're "zoomed out" of the galaxy display. Move the systems where they should be in the galaxy. Since the galaxy is smaller, the systems will be closer together. Now, INCREASE the hyperdrive rating for ships above the normal level. That way it still takes them proportionally as long to reach their destination, since they're moving slower over a smaller distance. The characters, however, are unaffected and thus seem to move at a faster pace.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.