Editing Questions

DannyPoo

There is just something about this game, that I probably come back to it at least...once a year or so and play it for a few weeks. Few questions....is it possible to change the in-game music? another question is.... how do I edit the images? like the "event" when Luke Confronts vader.... how do i Change that to a new image of my own...and how can I change the "sounds" of some of the main characters like after a mission is completely succesffully to a different voice?

If anyone can answer these questions, it'd be appreciated.

Change the music by taking a WAV file and putting it over an existing MDATA file, naming it "MDATA.xxx" instead of "nameofmusictrack.wav." See this post for what MDATA files are what music.

http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt468.html

Edit the character/ship/troop/specforce images with Rebed, available for download on this site under "rebed". Edit the images with Reshacker, which you can download by searching Google for "Reshacker." Using Reshacker, open the strategy.dll file and look under bitmap. You can find and replace the images there.

Replace sounds by going into alsprite.dll or emsprite.dll using reshacker and look under WAVE, and you'll find the voices.

Hope that helps.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.