Any1 have a good idea

Kerian_Halycon

Hi guys,

new to these forums so /wave

need to beef uo the difficulty and what works for you. First tiem i have posted here have been useing rebed for a while now but cant seem to ge the AI to work with it at all.

The only way i can get it to work the same is to keep the resources the same and double the stregnth of weps hull etc of the enemy im playing. When i mod the resources the imps never seem to build anything. Also, can somebody post a link for the resource hacker and any other tips that might make fighting a LOT harder. Haveing played this for years i go easy on the AI dont take any systems or build ships for like a 1000 days give them insane technology but the AI is simply crap. They can never take and hold a system as they move htere fleets away straight away. I have only ever had 1 game that i found challenging and that was the first game i played and in the end i still won

There is a TC in the TC section of the main page that will increase the difficulty of the AI. I'm afraid I haven;t used it, so I can't tell you first hand how well it works, but every one I've spoken to about it says it's fantastic. It's by Cain and it can be found here. It is the third one from the top.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

im playing one of the rebel games at the moment but the empire arent attacking me in any strength. Im 600 days in they have over 50 star destroyers ( checked in traitor program) i have 2 sectors worth of [planets and they have every other planet. The only bit of attacking they are doing is sending in fleets of 1-3 ships which i can easily repulse.

Is there any dead set ways that improve the difficulty without ruining the AI. Whenever i reduce the cost of ships they never build anything. When i build a massive ship yard over coruscant so emp can build big AI removes it. Going to increase diplomacy of IMPS and give them some Dark Jedi to play around with. I double turbolasers/ion cannons on every ship and quadruple em on the SSD. Does reduceing the cost of building buildings to 0 effect the AI? And the cost of Fighters to 0?

Also how do you go about makeing your own custon game like Cain has done so pls post a reply

I don't think you can reduce the cost to zero.

Basically to make a TC you use RebEd and then depending on what you changed you zip a DLL file and upload it on the site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any dead set ways that improve the difficulty without ruining the AI. Whenever i reduce the cost of ships they never build anything. When i build a massive ship yard over coruscant so emp can build big AI removes it. Going to increase diplomacy of IMPS and give them some Dark Jedi to play around with. I double turbolasers/ion cannons on every ship and quadruple em on the SSD. Does reduceing the cost of building buildings to 0 effect the AI? And the cost of Fighters to 0?
Have you tried coaxing them with food? Perhaps some prisoners to capture or spice to sniff would do the trick?

Yes, I know I am of no help.[/spam]