WAVs

Pinsther

Hi, everyone! I just stumbled upon your site yesterday in search of a Rebellion editing program. I had tried to use one before and failed miserably, but after a few months I decided to try again. Thanks to the great resources I have been able to access here, I've already created 3 cards and I'm itching to do more! I have a question, though.

Is it possible to insert WAVs into the game that will play when a certain thing happens? I'll give you a concrete example. I want Lando to say stuff when he goes on/returns from a mission. Can I do this? How? I have sound bytes to use, and I have Resource Explorer, but I can't figure out how to isolate where to put such a sound. Any help would be appreciated!

First of all welcome to the forums!

It's good to see always new people coming and editting the games. as for your question you cannot add sounds, you can only replace existing sounds. So having a wav for lando would not be possible, but replacing Luke's or Vader's is definitely possible.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

One possible solution, if you rate Lando for example is to replace one of the rebels four main characters, and thus have the freedom of replacing the available lines.

Quite frankly, Luke is a bit a over rated. It would be interesting to see how Lando gets on with Yoda, and Vader.

'That was never part of the deal!'

'Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly!'

..or more fundermentally...

'I am your father! Search your feelings! You know it to be true!'

No your not, i'm black!

'How do you know what dwells beneath all this armour?'

'Err... good point, James Earl Jones at least ain't white!'

'Join me my son!'

etc...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif