online manual?

fishboy73

I've not seen it online, but the readme files of the game (on the disk) are reasonably comprehensive and contain lots of detailed stuff like the shortcuts etc..
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

This is the perennial question from newbies, and I think we should answer this somehow, right now. It's a question this forum gets fairly often. In that sense, once we find a way to address this question, this will be the complete SWR site.

Since hosting the file here seems to be a problem, I propse the following:

1) split the file up into 10-megabyte chunks, to be contained over 5 gmail or yahoo email entries.

2) have a sticky on the forum, with the topic "need the manual? post your email address"

3) have a bi- or tri-weekly mass mailing of the manual to everyone that requests it.

or 1a) have someone host it, either the CD 50 mb version or the compressed, B+W 21 mb version

What do you guys think? It seems a friendlier, more useful reply than the cliche forum exhange:

"Where can I download a manual?"

"no / I don't know / I have it in paper format / oh cool so do I / I think I saw it last April but it hasn't been available since the Big Bang"

I purchased my copy of SWR off of e-bay. The manual on the CD is not in English but in a foreign language I will guess is French. I don't understand French. I've tried to pick up the game just from playing but it's difficult. A manual in English would be nice. I may be able to host the file on our website for our LAN Parties if I can get a copy. Our LAN Party site is http://www.lanohio.com

I understand the manual is large. I'm willing to set up tempory ftp site to have the file dumped there. We could also do an exchange on WinMX or through IRC. I've already sent a message to our website admin for my clan about hosting the file on our lan party site. We've always helped out gamers in the past so I don't think this will be a problem.

Thanks

Edited by RogueLdr

You can't teach IQ!

You can't fix stupid!

The first step to becoming immortal is to first live a life worth remembering!

• 4 months later...
Guest Scathane

:idea: As I've stated before, I think we should write our own manual. This is our core business, guys! Of course, we should use whatever manual available as a vantage point but we should definitely create our own.

Let's face it: there is no other community, save some guys in LucasArts and the former Coolhand guys, that knows more about Star Wars Rebellion than this one, dudes!

And, as I've stated before as well, I'm willing to accomodate anyone who wants to make a serious effort. Give me a holler and we'll see whether we can set up a team. You know where to find me...

Having a new version of the manual written by you guys would probably be better since there would be no legal questions. I wish I could help out out but seeing as I really don't know how to play I wouldn't be much help. However if you can think of anything I could do please let me know.

Guest JediIgor
Hey folks, I have to agree with Scathane.. if you can make a nice and spiffy web-manual we will gladly host it on SWR, and even put it on the side bar menu. And you get your names written in the credits, which means all the newbies get to call you cool! :)

Indeed, muchos cool if it incorporated stuff from the official guide to the game I have never had the chance to put more paws upon...
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

i know I'd be eternally grateful for something like this

I bought the game off of someone a year ago for $12. He hadn't played it in almost a year himself and definetly lost the manual. I had to scour tons of FAQs and walkthroughs (and especially this place, which I'm still doing) to learn to play

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It gives you strength." - Nothing happens to Palpatine without him wanting it to...except getting thrown down that shaft ofcourse. Let's hear it for the Empire.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Someone write it, we will host it. Simple as that... we just need someone who wants to do the work ;)

No we will not host the actual Rebellion manual, due to copyright concerns.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.