Rebellion online

Guest Scathane

Would you be interested in playing rebellion online?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in playing rebellion online?

• Yup, definitely, let's come together and try to plan this!
    • No, I am super important in real life and have a very busy social schedule, so I don't have time to crush any of you online.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JediIgor
Once I move to my new house, and get my own static IP for my own comp, maybe I will be able to open enough ports to play Rebellion online :)

Guest JediIgor
Uhh, actually I am using Covad ADSL and I'm behind a Squid proxy and all my incoming ports are closed... does that answer your question? :?

Golly! Igor dude, are you saying you've a squid on your head! That's absolutely aweful! Gosh, perhaps we better sell you to a Japanese restaurant!
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Scathane

Must I assume, then, that the Mighty JediIgor, SWRebellion.net Owner, RP Game Master, Supreme Warlord, Sith Warrior is not in control of his proxy?

And now, for some more questions:

1. What is Covad in Covad ADSL?

2. What does Squid mean in Squid proxy?

3. Why is everybody referring to this site as SWRebelion.NET when it is quite clear that it actually is SWRebellion.COM?

:roll::?::!:

Guest JediIgor

Although theoritically I could be in contorl of the proxy, it's on my dad's Linux computer and he doesn't allow me to access it. He says he doesn't want me to open up our network to hackers... cause frankly opening incoming ports would do exactly that.

1. Covad is an ISP, http://www.covad.com

2. Squid is an open source proxy software for Linux, http://www.squid-cache.org (the website may not look like much, but then again.. it's freeware)

3. I forgot to change my signature from back when we had swrebellion.net :P

Guest Scathane
Ahhh! So your dad is a Linux zealot, eh? Of course, he could be reasoned with to let a game like Rebellion have access to the web for an online game.....

I would actually like to try a online game at sometime, but there is just the little problem with the time differences right?? And I do need the IP for the player I want to play with right?

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

I would actually like to try a online game at sometime, but there is just the little problem with the time differences right?? And I do need the IP for the player I want to play with right?

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Yes. But the difference in time is not really a problem I think. And the IP neither.

What really is the problem for me is to find time to play it online, because I never did before, only two times on LAN, but against stupid opponents.

Maybe, in my vacation... When is next dutch vacation Scathane?

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

Guest Scathane
...and everything became quiet. What's it gonna be, guys? Will we attempt to play games online or won't we?

Silence is golden. I'l probably be appearing online in september. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

That's when i gtet free net access when i get to uni, but i can connect my own pc up to their net.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor
See, if we actually knew what port(s) Rebellion uses to play online, then maybe I could persuade him to open up one of them temporarily.. but we do not even know that.

Guest Scathane
If anyone could join me in a game on the zone, I would be able to figure out which ports Rebellion listens to... :cry:

• 1 month later...

my times I'm available to play I play medium speed with slowdowns as needed but NOT on blockades or all slow speed which is prefferable small or medium galaxy sides your choice here is my availability

Sunday 1145pm-whenever PST

Monday 1145pm-whenever PST

Tuesday 8am-8pm PST

Wednesday 5pm- whenever PST

Thursday 8am-whenever PST

Friday 1145pm-whenever PST

email me at lebarronn90@hotmail.com to set up a game

Edited by Lebarronn90
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Guest JediIgor

I thought I should tell you that I will be able to get my own IP for my computer.. in turn I will be able to open as many ports (as it will only affect the connection to my computer) -- so if I open up all the incoming ports I might be able to play Rebellion online again! :D

I'll give you some updates.. but is no one else interested? :(

Guest Scathane
It seems I have a problem... :( Rebellion only lists serial connection for multiplayer games. My modem is a usb modem. Suggestions anyone?

All this computer language stuff has truly confused me. Does all of this mean that I, with my stupid 56.6K dial-up connection cannot play online? Secondly, I've played over a LAN against another person at a one of those computer cafes and it took a VERY long time (almost 9 hours!). How do you guys expect to play online for that long? I mean, can you save the game and return to it later or something? :? As you can tell, I'm quite perplexed concerning the workings of this entire situation. Also, Scath, my URL reads: http://www.swrebellion.NET. So how is it .com? :?