What book should I read?

PK421

Definitely the Rogue Squadron book(s). Most of the Tales books have one or two good stories in them, but you're left feeling a little short when it comes to plot and characters. The Rogue Squadron books give you people you can learn to like (or hate) in a story you can enjoy from start to finish.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Are you going to read only the one X-wing series book, or the whole series (eventually)? For Jabba's book, only highlight if you can handle a mini-spoiler :wink:

The tales told in the Jabba book, all relate and run into each other. It's basically different stories from different people's perspectives that coincide with the other story tellers. It's OK and gives some details on things you wouldn't normally find out.

The X-wing series of books are good, with some books better than others.

PS @GAT: New avatar 8) why the change?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I would be reading the rest of the series, that is if the first book is as good as you say it is. 8)

By the way the avatar is because I like Yoda Stories. Was the old one better?

er, the @GAT indicates that he was directing that at Grand Admiral Thrawn.... Its our form of abbreviation and indication to avoid confusion- you'll get used to it... I also cast my vote to the X-wing books, though I'm an incurable Stackpole fan.... I read Tales from Jabba's Palace, and it was decent, but somewhat confusing, and shallow to the extreme. Characters are either always good or always evil, and have very brief histories as well as very short periods of development.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive
X-Wing books are novels. Tales of Jabba's Palace is a collection of short stories. I think the X-Wing books are more relevant to the Expanded Universe, but take your pick..

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I would recommend going in chronological order. So Rogue Squadron through Solo Command. (That means Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist (that one isn't italicised because the book is named after a ship...) and Solo Command. All are good books. I lent out my copy of Rogue Squadron and haven't seen it since. I think I'm going to have to buy a new copy. :(:cry: Edited by Mitth_raw_nuruodo

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Yeah I liked the Rogue Squadron books, but I didnt really like the introduction of Wraith Squadron after Bacta War... I dunno... wasnt there also a different author for the next couple of books after Bacta War too...

- But it was so artfully done..,

ce... It's "Choice", Mad... :wink: I personally thought that they Aalston books were far funnier than the Stackpole books... And Mitth left out two books- Isard's (Sp?) Revenge and Starfighters of Adumar. The former is by Stackpole, the latter by Aalston... you shall bust a gut laughing at the latter...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 5 months later...

It depends on what yor looking for, if your looking for a deep story then definately the x:wing series if your looking for a quick read than tales from jabbas palace or tales of bounty hunters.

I guess I've pretty much agreed with what everyone else just said!